Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Credit US Closure

Oldest card. Yikes! Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about this but for FICO8 oldest card card closing is irrelevant.

They came in hard and fast and flew too close to the sun. iirc their parent company is a Czech bank. I wonder if the whole operation is going under or just the CC.

Message 12 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sprint Card - End of Program

Got this message this morning from Home Credit/Sprint:

Please be advised that the difficult decision was made to shut down the Sprint Credit Card and Sprint Visa Signature® Credit Card portfolio issued by The Bank of Missouri and serviced by Home Credit US, LLC, and effective as of 12:00 am CT on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all Purchases and Cash Advances relating to Sprint Credit Card and Sprint Visa Signature® Credit Card Accounts are suspended. This notice provides you with helpful information regarding the details of this suspension. In the near future, all Sprint Credit Card and Sprint Visa Signature® Credit Card Accounts will be closed. More information about the closure will be provided at a later date.  

Message 13 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@macinjosh wrote:

By now all holders of the Sprint Visa cards and Home Credit Visa card got an email late last night saying that their cards will be suspended as of midnight central time, March 17, 2020. If you haven't gotten that email, here is a link to the FAQ they posted on their website.

https://www.homecreditus.com/wp-content/uploads/FAQ_AccountSuspend.pdf 

Talk about a big dent. My Sprint card is/was $7,400 of my total aggregate.

I got the email this morning, which sucks...  $6,500 CL ugh!

Message 14 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sprint Card - End of Program

@Anonymous wrote:

Got this message this morning from Home Credit/Sprint:

Please be advised that the difficult decision was made to shut down the Sprint Credit Card and Sprint Visa Signature® Credit Card portfolio issued by The Bank of Missouri and serviced by Home Credit US, LLC, and effective as of 12:00 am CT on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all Purchases and Cash Advances relating to Sprint Credit Card and Sprint Visa Signature® Credit Card Accounts are suspended. This notice provides you with helpful information regarding the details of this suspension. In the near future, all Sprint Credit Card and Sprint Visa Signature® Credit Card Accounts will be closed. More information about the closure will be provided at a later date.  

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Thank you for sharing. I had a hunch this was going to happen with them at some point. It was only a matter of time.

Message 15 of 54
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Got this email, too. My card has a $5200 limit that I used for padding, ugh.

Wonder why it's closing. More information would've been helpful...

Message 16 of 54
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

That's a bummer.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 17 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same email I'm trying to find out why......

Message 18 of 54
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received the same email I'm trying to find out why......

I would guess this has more to do with the T-Mobile/Sprint merger. T-Mobile was most likely not interested. 

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 19 of 54
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

By now all holders of the Sprint Visa cards and Home Credit Visa card got an email late last night saying that their cards will be suspended as of midnight central time, March 17, 2020. If you haven't gotten that email, here is a link to the FAQ they posted on their website.

https://www.homecreditus.com/wp-content/uploads/FAQ_AccountSuspend.pdf 

Talk about a big dent. My Sprint card is/was $7,400 of my total aggregate.

I got the email this morning, which sucks...  $6,500 CL ugh!

Ouch! Another decent credit line gone.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.