Did you mean: 

Store Credit CarD Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Store Credit CarD Question

becki_ wrote:

Brammy wrote:

Try appyling in the store.  They had me swipe a card, the lady said any card, to verify identity.

Ahh, I would be careful with that though.  I used to work retail, and the store I was employed with offered a credit card. Besides making the sales goals for the day (money wise) we also had to reach our goal of credit cards. We often received compensation for getting a new account opened, and some department stores even offer a commission for credit cards. (IE you would receive $5 extra in your paycheck for each new account opened, whether the client was accepted or not)

My main point is, at the end of the day..They wanted those activactions.  By store policy, they needed a credit/debit card for a credit check, and then a license to verify identity.  However, by the end of the day the store was taking library cards as a major credit card.  Anything they could to scan through that register and get our compensation.  If that is the case, they would get a message saying 'not enough information, please call and speak to a representative' and your credit wouldn't be affected, unless you decided to call it in.

Soo just because the associate guarantees you'll be approved and to hand over any card at all..I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Message Edited by becki_ on 08-21-2007 07:41 AM

There was no guarantee of approval, the card was simply swiped to verify identity.  I thought I made that clear. It just had to have a Bank Card logo such as a debit crd with a MC or Visa.

BTW the clerk informed me that they got commissioned whether or not the card was approved which was one reason I applied in store.  How would you swipe a library card? Here, ours are still made from cardboard...lol!!!!  I ws approved but later changed my mind.

Another question.  Do you knwo if they got account history from that card.  I swiped one of my newest, maybe had I swiped my oldest they would have given me a better limit

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-21-2007 10:47 AM

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-21-2007 10:51 AM
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

Try appyling in the store.  They had me swipe a card, the lady said any card, to verify identity.

That statement is what made me reply to your post.  My coworker actually swiped a library card to 'verify' identity, so she could have that extra $5 in her paycheck.

Eh, I don't even have ten posts yet & you're a mod so, what do I know? Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

becki_ wrote:

Brammy wrote:

That statement is what made me reply to your post.  My coworker actually swiped a library card to 'verify' identity, so she could have that extra $5 in her paycheck.

Eh, I don't even have ten posts yet & you're a mod so, what do I know? Smiley Tongue

Sorry that post was in response to the lady who said she swiped a Visa debit card. Think I clarified that as well that it needed to be a card with a bankcard logo.  Does the machine actually take a swiped library card?  Weird since I thought the magnetic strip would have to be coded as a bank card or something.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.