Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync CLI questions

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Sync CLI questions

I have a couple questions out of curiosity, not that I’ll really NEED one but I like to know my lenders; how is Sync with CLI requests?

We have Discover who doesn’t care if you kill an entire rainforest asking daily for a year. We have other lenders that are HP crazy but don’t care otherwise and we have lenders that will lose their mind if you ask twice in a year (okay maybe not but you get the point).

Where is Sync? I know it’s a SP but do they spook if you ask too often or are they closer to Disco doesn’t care? How often do you guys ask? Monthly, every other month, quarterly?

Like I said, mostly curious as I like to know how my lenders react to that type of thing.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
20 REPLIES 20
JamP
Valued Contributor

Re: Sync CLI questions

It depends on the card.

It depends on the starting limit and current limit.

It depends on your credit score.

It depends on how many cards you have with Sync and total credit line exposure.

My DW has Walmart and Tjmaxx that will probably never go above 10k credit line each which is fine but it took a while to get there because her scores were low and the starting limits were very low. She was denied Tjmax 3 times before approved. Walmart she started with a $100 or $200 credit line. When Tjmax finally approved it was $200 if I remember correctly. Her credit scores were very low. Now her scores are near 800 she can ask whenever she wants Smiley Happy

Now I was approved for the Sams Club Mastercard for a 5k starting limit in store.

I came home and called, instantly approved for 20k but my credit scores were over 730 and did not have any other sync cards at that time. They killed the Sallie Mae card so I needed a Amazon card so I applied for the Amazon Store card approved for a starting line of $1016, I called instantly and it was bumped to 10k. I've asked from time to time to see if they can bump the lines to 25k but I get the letter where they state these are the max credit lines for these cards. 

We used to say do not poke the Sync Bear to often.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 2 of 21
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Synchrony will gladly destroy that rainforest along with Discover. 

I have CareCredit, Amazon Store Card, PayPal Credit, PayPal MC from Synchrony and I ask for a CLI all the time on all those cards. If I get one, I wait 30 days and then keep trying. CareCredit has been the one to grow the fastest. I lowballed it with My PayPal MC 2% for whatever reason and now I'm kicking myself for doing that. I used to request one every single day, but now I've limited myself to once a week. I often wonder what my mailman thinks of me getting all these letters from Synchrony LOL. 

Oh! Also, my fiance and I financed our bed from Sleep Number, but it's under his name. I ask for CLI's on his account as well, and so far, nothing has happened except some denials and some approvals. So smash that luv button! Unless someone else has had a different experience? 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 3 of 21
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@JamP wrote:

It depends on the card.

It depends on the starting limit and current limit.

It depends on your credit score.

It depends on how many cards you have with Sync and total credit line exposure.

My DW has Walmart and Tjmaxx that will probably never go above 10k credit line each which is fine but it took a while to get there because her scores were low and the starting limits were very low. She was denied Tjmax 3 times before approved. Walmart she started with a $100 or $200 credit line. When Tjmax finally approved it was $200 if I remember correctly. Her credit scores were very low. Now her scores are near 800 she can ask whenever she wants Smiley Happy

Now I was approved for the Sams Club Mastercard for a 5k starting limit in store.

I came home and called, instantly approved for 20k but my credit scores were over 730 and did not have any other sync cards at that time. They killed the Sallie Mae card so I needed a Amazon card so I applied for the Amazon Store card approved for a starting line of $1016, I called instantly and it was bumped to 10k. I've asked from time to time to see if they can bump the lines to 25k but I get the letter where they state these are the max credit lines for these cards. 

We used to say do not poke the Sync Bear to often.

Who exactly are you calling?? I desperatly want to up the limit on my PayPal MC 2% as it's my go to card, but I'm stuck at $1,500. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 4 of 21
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Just what I was looking for Queen Etherea! Thank you! Don’t want any negative surprises. To answer your question, try the overseas Credit Solutions number. It’s in the back door number thread!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Who exactly are you calling?? I desperatly want to up the limit on my PayPal MC 2% as it's my go to card, but I'm stuck at $1,500. 

877-379-8175

Works for all Sync backed cards.

Message 6 of 21
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

With Sync, you can “hulk-smash” away with reckless abandon ala @AverageJoesCredit and have success at it so long as you have TU F8 North of 720!
But be prepared for a year round Halloween card in a blue envelope once you approach or hit $100K total exposure with Sync!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 7 of 21
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks JR, if I got to even $50k total that would be more than I’d ever need
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 8 of 21
calyx
Super Contributor

Like others, I've done plenty of requests without any blowback (other than denial letters).

For the first few months of my account, I asked weekly, now I ask monthly.  Pretty sure I'm on a 3mo cycle with them, but still trying to confirm.  I've never called in, because it's not that important - I just request on my account page.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't ask as often as some, usually 1-3 times a month. Depends on if I forgot to unfreeze TU before asking. Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.