Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync CLI questions

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Sync CLI questions

@JR_TX wrote:
With Sync, you can “hulk-smash” away with reckless abandon ala @AverageJoesCredit and have success at it so long as you have TU F8 North of 720!
But be prepared for a year round Halloween card in a blue envelope once you approach or hit $100K total exposure with Sync!

There are plenty of folks around here who are at or are approaching $100k with Synchrony who have not received a 'blue envelope'.

The only notable trigger I've noticed for existing cardholders is for some reason adding an AU seemed to be a factor, but I don't recall even seeing that in well over a year (or two?).  They've actually been fairly quiet for a while now (again, for existing/established cardholders).

We have seen some reports of some people with locked Synchrony accounts if they are new to credit and have been aggressively acquiring multiple Synch accounts, but IMO that's a different matter.

Message 11 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Me luv Hulk Smash Disco, me no Hulk Smash too muchSmiley Wink Cant force the hand that feeds me go BLUE! Hulk no like BLUE!
Message 12 of 21
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Synchrony will gladly destroy that rainforest along with Discover. 

I have CareCredit, Amazon Store Card, PayPal Credit, PayPal MC from Synchrony and I ask for a CLI all the time on all those cards. If I get one, I wait 30 days and then keep trying. CareCredit has been the one to grow the fastest. I lowballed it with My PayPal MC 2% for whatever reason and now I'm kicking myself for doing that. I used to request one every single day, but now I've limited myself to once a week. I often wonder what my mailman thinks of me getting all these letters from Synchrony LOL. 

Oh! Also, my fiance and I financed our bed from Sleep Number, but it's under his name. I ask for CLI's on his account as well, and so far, nothing has happened except some denials and some approvals. So smash that luv button! Unless someone else has had a different experience? 

Please report back when synch produces a score that isn't three months old or more. That's irritating me to my core - I keep getting denied due to an old score from April 4th.

Message 13 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Easiest way to get up to date report in regards to requesting cli is to call Credit SolutionsSmiley Happy
Message 14 of 21
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Easiest way to get up to date report in regards to requesting cli is to call Credit SolutionsSmiley Happy

I have tried - denial letter lists old score.

Message 15 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I have tried - denial letter lists old score.

Did you call Credit Solutions, or the number on the back of the card?

Unless there's been a recent change, Credit Solutions will place you on hold for a few minutes while they pull a fresh report in real-time. 

If you call the number on the back of the card (or use chat) that's just the standard customer service and they will often use an old score.

Message 16 of 21
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Who exactly are you calling?? I desperatly want to up the limit on my PayPal MC 2% as it's my go to card, but I'm stuck at $1,500. 

877-379-8175

Works for all Sync backed cards.

Thank you!! HeartHeartHeart

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 17 of 21
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@calyx wrote:

Like others, I've done plenty of requests without any blowback (other than denial letters).

For the first few months of my account, I asked weekly, now I ask monthly.  Pretty sure I'm on a 3mo cycle with them, but still trying to confirm.  I've never called in, because it's not that important - I just request on my account page.

Yeah totally agree. The only card I want to actually call about is my PayPal 2% MC which I would love to be at least $5,000. I use that card A LOT and I'm still stuck at $1,500. I started at $700 and went to request a CLI and stupidly put $1,500 when they asked how much I wanted. Of course, that was the one time it was approved. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Like others, I've done plenty of requests without any blowback (other than denial letters).

For the first few months of my account, I asked weekly, now I ask monthly.  Pretty sure I'm on a 3mo cycle with them, but still trying to confirm.  I've never called in, because it's not that important - I just request on my account page.

Yeah totally agree. The only card I want to actually call about is my PayPal 2% MC which I would love to be at least $5,000. I use that card A LOT and I'm still stuck at $1,500. I started at $700 and went to request a CLI and stupidly put $1,500 when they asked how much I wanted. Of course, that was the one time it was approved. 

Don't feel bad, I shot myself in the foot on my Amazon card TWICE this way. 

Message 19 of 21
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Synchrony will gladly destroy that rainforest along with Discover. 

I have CareCredit, Amazon Store Card, PayPal Credit, PayPal MC from Synchrony and I ask for a CLI all the time on all those cards. If I get one, I wait 30 days and then keep trying. CareCredit has been the one to grow the fastest. I lowballed it with My PayPal MC 2% for whatever reason and now I'm kicking myself for doing that. I used to request one every single day, but now I've limited myself to once a week. I often wonder what my mailman thinks of me getting all these letters from Synchrony LOL. 

Oh! Also, my fiance and I financed our bed from Sleep Number, but it's under his name. I ask for CLI's on his account as well, and so far, nothing has happened except some denials and some approvals. So smash that luv button! Unless someone else has had a different experience? 

Please report back when synch produces a score that isn't three months old or more. That's irritating me to my core - I keep getting denied due to an old score from April 4th.

Maybe that's why I only seem to get CLI's every 3 months... I've noticed that at least with my Amazon card, I've only been approved after around 90 days. My CareCredit on the other hand seems to get approved every 30-60 days. I've only gotten 1 CLI on my PayPal 2% MC, so I can't really vouch for that one. I don't think it's been 3 months since they gave me my first one. 

I'm not even sure what scores they're using. I never actually open the letters they send. I just tear them up and in the garbage they go! I'll check the letter next time I get one, which should be today, and see what date they're using. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.