Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLD...or maybe not?

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Synchrony CLD...or maybe not?

A few weeks ago I got a letter in the mail about a CLD on my Texaco Chevron MC from Synchrony. CL went from $10K to $2524. Obviously, this was a bit irritating but not unexpected as I seldom use it. Today my CK data refreshed and it showed this new CL on there (no impact to my score).

Irrelevent Personal Details: [I dabbled around with closing this card over the past week but ultimately decided to keep this useless hunk of plastic. It is my oldest card by far and I do want to see my oldest hit 10 years of age. ]

So today, in hopes of showing use, I stopped by a 7-11 and rang up a sports drink. Then, I logged onto to their website and toyed with the idea of requesting a CLI. To my shock, the available balance reflected was $9,996.

Does this generally take a few weeks to update to the lower limit?

Did perhaps my CLD never actually go into effect (strange because CK shows the decrease)?

Did my purchase trigger some sort of restoration of my CL in their system?

Thoughts? Opinions? I'm at a loss for words (but clearly not, look how many I wrote)!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NotRalphKramden
New Contributor

Re: Synchrony CLD...or maybe not?

@SecretAzure wrote:

A few weeks ago I got a letter in the mail about a CLD on my Texaco Chevron MC from Synchrony. CL went from $10K to $2524. Obviously, this was a bit irritating but not unexpected as I seldom use it. Today my CK data refreshed and it showed this new CL on there (no impact to my score).

Irrelevent Personal Details: [I dabbled around with closing this card over the past week but ultimately decided to keep this useless hunk of plastic. It is my oldest card by far and I do want to see my oldest hit 10 years of age. ]

So today, in hopes of showing use, I stopped by a 7-11 and rang up a sports drink. Then, I logged onto to their website and toyed with the idea of requesting a CLI. To my shock, the available balance reflected was $9,996.

Did perhaps my CLD never actually go into effect (strange because CK shows the decrease)?

Thoughts? Opinions? I'm at a loss for words (but clearly not, look how many I wrote)!

Saw something similar in another thread.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Synchrony-CLD-and-restore/m-p/6109359#M1738803

Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

its a lesser known myFicotoid that if you get a CLD from Sync that ends in 24 , you hsve a chance at redemption. If you find all your accounts closed you know you are fico'd. Where Jim Carey when you need him lolSmiley Wink

#23🤭

Message 3 of 6
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

It was just odd because I never called to have it reinstated. But I'm grateful!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats on the restoration!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

its a lesser known myFicotoid that if you get a CLD from Sync that ends in 24 , you hsve a chance at redemption.

Yes, this happened to me, SYNC cut the CL on my Marvel card down to the common $1024 because I sockdrawered it after their 2018 fraud issue that led to the wholesale replacement of Marvel cards.   Several months ago I blew the dust off the card and tried unsuccessfully to use it so called (30 second fix by the CSR) and about a week late CK alerted me to a $9K CLI - $10K limit restored.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.