Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synovus Credit Card Products

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synovus Credit Card Products

same although checking account wasnt required i opened as was a free checking account no fees ever.  Then opened the CC SL 18k believe at 12.x apr.

Message 11 of 19
DONZI
Established Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Edit: Just looking things over and question...So is it the inspire account that I would need to open up? 

If you want to get the $500 (50,000 points) sign-up bonus that offers, yes.

Other than that, the $100 bonus for the "Plus" for less deposit.

..creating a deposit account will also open up the ability to apply for credit cards with them online in case that is helpful. Might be if you wanted to apply for more than one of their cards in time.

..but then, if you can make it into a branch you apparently can apply for one of their cards without any sort of banking required.

I have the impression that although online account signups are possible, Synovus may deny/halt an online account creation if your address is not in their geographic area.

The only other thing that may be of interest to you is the cellphone app.. it apparently is quite basic for a credit card only relationship.

I've read that people prefer the app that they provide that requires a deposit account (which also includes better credit card features than the card only app).

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 12 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@DONZI wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Edit: Just looking things over and question...So is it the inspire account that I would need to open up? 

If you want to get the $500 (50,000 points) sign-up bonus that offers, yes.

Other than that, the $100 bonus for the "Plus" for less deposit.

..creating a deposit account will also open up the ability to apply for credit cards with them online in case that is helpful. Might be if you wanted to apply for more than one of their cards in time.

..but then, if you can make it into a branch you apparently can apply for one of their cards without any sort of banking required.

I have the impression that although online account signups are possible, Synovus may deny/halt an online account creation if your address is not in their geographic area.

The only other thing that may be of interest to you is the cellphone app.. it apparently is quite basic for a credit card only relationship.

I've read that people prefer the app that they provide that requires a deposit account (which also includes better credit card features than the card only app).

@DONZI ...Looks like I will be geo restricted from applying online as it states in the opening of application only AL, GA,TN, FL etc residents are eligible

This cellphone app are you referring to applying over the phone or is an specific phone app/website that they offer?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 13 of 19
DONZI
Established Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

This cellphone app are you referring to applying over the phone or is an specific phone app/website that they offer?

Sorry, that was just some extra info about the cellphone apps -- not related to applying or any preliminary actions related to establishing with Synovus.

paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
Message 14 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DONZI wrote:

@DONZI I was under the impression that they could still process applications outside of geo-restricted areas as long as depository relationship existed, similar to SunTrust (prior to Truist).  Do we know for sure if this is the case or confirmed for Synovus?

Message 15 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@DONZI wrote:

@DONZI I was under the impression that they could still process applications outside of geo-restricted areas as long as depository relationship existed, similar to SunTrust (prior to Truist).  Do we know for sure if this is the case or confirmed for Synovus?

I know @Mahraja and his DW opened cc accounts while in florida and they certainly live out of the geo footprint.  That was about a year ago I believe so doubtful it has changed

Message 16 of 19
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Tennessee is close to me (Illinois) and their cards interest me, but I dunno if I can travel just for a credit card 😂. 

Message 17 of 19
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@DONZI wrote:

I know @Mahraja and his DW opened cc accounts while in florida and they certainly live out of the geo footprint.  That was about a year ago I believe so doubtful it has changed

It says FL residents are eligible.

EDIT: I just read this again and realized I misunderstood.  I'm guessing they applied while traveling in FL.  Did they visit a branch to do so?

Perhaps it's just online apps that are limited by home address.

Message 18 of 19
DONZI
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@DONZI wrote:

@FinStarThat is my take on it too.. However I -think- it requires in-person|branch account creation if physical address is outside of the Synovus geo. boundary.

The gist of what I was trying to clarify is that:

A) despite geo. reqs an account can be created in person

B) that could be a card or deposit account..

C) making a deposit account -might- be preferable - EG: for relationship sub(s) and..

D) potentially allow applying for cards later, online, without the need to enter the geo boundary again.

If @credit_endurance follows up with any of this, perhaps might have some nice DP on it -- knowing if making a deposit account massages in the online credit card apps to be possible outside of the geo. due to meeting the 'must be a customer' req. for the online credit card apps.

Hmm.. well maybe that DP is already known?

If @Mahraja only obtained a credit card while in the Synovus geo, and has since been able to apply for another online.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.