cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD Bank Cash Visa - Do they ever offer auto CLI's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TD Bank Cash Visa - Do they ever offer auto CLI's?

First post - long time lurker

I applied for this card as a Canadian through TD's cross border app and was approved but only given a $500 limit.

Asked for a reconsideration and was mailed a letter saying I have "sufficent credit with TD Bank"...

I've looked all over but can't find a single DP of anyone being offered auto CLI's with TD Bank. I'm just starting out with credit in the US and this is only my second card, I had planned on keeping it forever but with the useless limit it's basically... well... useless.

I'll keep and use it lightly if I know theres potential to grow the limit, otherwise I'll take the welcome bonus and move on.

So - Has anyone here with a TD Bank visa been offered auto CLI's? Or is it always a manual review/ask with a HP?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TD Bank Cash Visa - Do they ever offer auto CLI's?

I was approved with mine at the $5,000.00 credit you see in my profile a little over two years ago. I ran probably $1,000.00 a month through it the first six months I had it, and then probably $500.00 for the next six months. It has not seen much use over the last year or so however. I never got an auto CLI. Not that it was an astronomical amount of spend I was running through it and I wasn't really expecting a CLI.

It was always my impression that any CLI requested would be a hard pull as well.

Hope that helps a little.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah your DP is basically all I've seen regarding TD Bank in general - Manual review/hard pull for any CLI request and never offered an auto CLI. Just wondering if there's any quiet outliers.

With the super low limit I'd have to pay it off several times a month just to use as my daily card.

If I can't grow the account without more HP's then I won't waste my time with it.

Message 3 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

As an aside, have you had the card long enough to generate FICO scores in the US?  TD is usually very HP happy except for when they do seem to randomly give auto CLIs.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I havent. I got this card at the same time I also applied for my Amex via US global transfer. The Amex has only had one statement cut.

From the letter it looks like TD tried to pull my US Experian file (non existant) for the reconsideration, but it also shows my Canadian credit score (the original, they didn't pull again).

There's also several DP's on Canadian forums of TD approving higher credit limits after the reconsideration, so I'm quite certain me not having a US credit file isn't the sole reason for denial.

Message 5 of 9
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First post - long time lurker

I applied for this card as a Canadian through TD's cross border app and was approved but only given a $500 limit.

Asked for a reconsideration and was mailed a letter saying I have "sufficent credit with TD Bank"...

I've looked all over but can't find a single DP of anyone being offered auto CLI's with TD Bank. I'm just starting out with credit in the US and this is only my second card, I had planned on keeping it forever but with the useless limit it's basically... well... useless.

I'll keep and use it lightly if I know theres potential to grow the limit, otherwise I'll take the welcome bonus and move on.

So - Has anyone here with a TD Bank visa been offered auto CLI's? Or is it always a manual review/ask with a HP?

Thanks!

I've had this card almost a year and TD has never given me an AUTO CLI. I'm hoping they do someday. 

Potential Future Cards
Message 6 of 9
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

I don't recall if DH got his auto or requested, but it was definitely not a HP.  They were part of our Game of BTs to pay off his debt and once the BT left them we got an increase.  

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the DP!

Maybe I should take them up on the BT intro offer and BT $400 hahaha

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had TD Bank Cash Visa for three and a half years now (or technically three, since it graduated from a TD Secured).

Never had an auto CLI, been stuck with my initial $5,000 limit despite regular use for the first two years.

Last month I thought I'd pull the HP CLI trigger since I've been gardening for a year and a half. Had to call in and wait a week to get snail mail with the result. They gave me an additional $1,000.

Apparently they don't care much about the higher limits I have with other lenders, my upper 700s FICO or my six digit annual salary. Guess I shouldn't be surprised since I've only been putting one small transaction on it every 4 or 5 months for the last year and a half. I think the CLI they gave me was a courtesy gesture for my banking relationship with them (they get my paycheck). I think I will probably just keep this sock-drawered for the history, at least there's no annual fee.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.