Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Card!!!!

tag
Achase
Regular Contributor

Target Card!!!!

I applied for a target card and got the 7-10 day message in the store and the next day i received a call from target and they asked me about 4 security questions because i had a fraud alert on my file, then they approved the card with a $1000 dollar limit. i personally had no use for the store card so i closed the account about a 3 weeks later. i removed the fraud alert from my file because i got tired of always getting the 7-10 day message. i applied again for target card with no alert on file and was instantly approved for target visa but it still on had a $1000 limit. 

Did the fraud alert raise red flags and cause them to only give me the store card?

anyone else have any similar story? 

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Card!!!!

I applied in store for Target card and of course, due to FA on my report as well, I didn't get an instant decision. Target CS called the next day, Sunday to verify my ID and told me I was approved for a Visa for 4K limit. So the FA didn't matter for me...

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Message 2 of 20
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Achase wrote:

I applied for a target card and got the 7-10 day message in the store and the next day i received a call from target and they asked me about 4 security questions because i had a fraud alert on my file, then they approved the card with a $1000 dollar limit. i personally had no use for the store card so i closed the account about a 3 weeks later. i removed the fraud alert from my file because i got tired of always getting the 7-10 day message. i applied again for target card with no alert on file and was instantly approved for target visa but it still on had a $1000 limit. 

Did the fraud alert raise red flags and cause them to only give me the store card?

What bureau did Target pull??

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 3 of 20
Achase
Regular Contributor

eq

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Message 4 of 20
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Pushto700 wrote:

@Achase wrote:

What bureau did Target pull??

They usually pull eq. As in my case (denial) they said they couldn't pull up my report. I called eq, and was told that because my physical address is not on my eq report (only PO Box is) that the data couldn't match and therefore it was blank. I called Target back and behold, they had already pulled ex. I hated that because it added another inq to a report that I did not want one on. Plus the denial. Oh well.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 5 of 20
moonman
Frequent Contributor

I don't know what is happening at Target but I  had received a scorewatch alert telling me that  Target has updated my account( a change of status from charge to credit card) which caused me to lose points.Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moonman wrote:

I don't know what is happening at Target but I  had received a scorewatch alert telling me that  Target has updated my account( a change of status from charge to credit card) which caused me to lose points.Smiley Mad

I had a similar issue.  I got an alert via True Credit stating I had a new account Target.  I called Target to ask about it and they had no clue what i was talking about.

Message 7 of 20
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I recently read a post on here that Target is no longer issuing Visa logo'd cards.  Store cards only.  There was a link to an article confirming this.  I can't recall the date they gave, but I do believe it was late April, so right now is the time frame for no more Visa's.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 20
superfresh08

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I applied today for the store card (red card) and received the "requires more info" message so I went ahead and signed up for the debit card which I got. After reading the forums I decided to call Target CSR. I was declined because my address could not be verifed. After asking me a few security questions I was approved for $200.00. I am happy with that. I will take a fresh start where I can get it.

Message 9 of 20
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@superfresh08 wrote:

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I applied today for the store card (red card) and received the "requires more info" message so I went ahead and signed up for the debit card which I got. After reading the forums I decided to call Target CSR. I was declined because my address could not be verifed. After asking me a few security questions I was approved for $200.00. I am happy with that. I will take a fresh start where I can get it.

Congrats,   I like the straight 5% discount at the register.   

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.