Did you mean: 

Target RedCard

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Target RedCard

@Mickey11 wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

I thought I would never get anything above my lame $200 limit!  But I knew I would be shopping there, so I wasn't going to close the card.  Now it's at $2050.  Not bad, I don't think.  I'm hoping to get another CLI before summer.  All the CLIs I have gotten (2-3) have been automatic.

Would you mind sharing what your spending/payment habits were like? Also what were your scores at the time you app'd? Thanks Smiley Happy

Spending:  Target is where we mostly shop, so we used to shop there about once a week.  We haven't been doing much shopping in the last 6 months or so, though.  Payments:  Always carry a balance, haven't gotten around to PIF yet.  Scores:  No idea, as I got this card almost 4 years ago.  Something lower than what they are now.  Probably 640s?

Message 41 of 43
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

@Mickey11 wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

I thought I would never get anything above my lame $200 limit!  But I knew I would be shopping there, so I wasn't going to close the card.  Now it's at $2050.  Not bad, I don't think.  I'm hoping to get another CLI before summer.  All the CLIs I have gotten (2-3) have been automatic.

Would you mind sharing what your spending/payment habits were like? Also what were your scores at the time you app'd? Thanks Smiley Happy

Spending:  Target is where we mostly shop, so we used to shop there about once a week.  We haven't been doing much shopping in the last 6 months or so, though.  Payments:  Always carry a balance, haven't gotten around to PIF yet.  Scores:  No idea, as I got this card almost 4 years ago.  Something lower than what they are now.  Probably 640s?

Ah so it seems that if you use the store card on a regular basis they will CLI on a somewhat regular basis....I'm still undecided on which to go for, the debit card links to my checking if I'm gathering correctly and the store card comes with a very low initial CL. Both have the 5% discount. It's tough to pick an option.

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 42 of 43
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

@Mickey11 wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

Ah so it seems that if you use the store card on a regular basis they will CLI on a somewhat regular basis....I'm still undecided on which to go for, the debit card links to my checking if I'm gathering correctly and the store card comes with a very low initial CL. Both have the 5% discount. It's tough to pick an option.

If your score is good enough for approval, and you can afford the inquiry and new account, the store card is probably the best option -- only because you get the consumer protections that come with credit cards.

With the debit card, if something gets messed up, Target has direct access to your checking account and there aren't clear caps as to your liability in the event of fraud.

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.