Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target and CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target and CLI

Okay, I have had a measly $200 CL on my Target for almost 2 years. I use it all the time and I pay it off all the time. Some months I don't pay it completely off. I called about 6 months ago about getting a CLI and the lady said for me to give it a few more months. I called this morning about it again and the automatice response was "target is not doing credit line increases at this time". Huh? So I talked to a CSR, but I couldn't understand all that he was saying because his accent was very thick. What I go out of it is that I can't get an increase because.....and the only thing I caught after that was because I had no activity in December on my card. I'm so confused....should I use my card every month?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Target and CLI

Join the club, I have had my 300 limit since 1999. I WANT VISA!
Target no longer excepts requests for CLI with the store card, it's automated.
once you have visa you can request them
Message 2 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I am with you both. I got my card in Oct 2007 with $200 CL. I found a Target Store near my Work. I have decided to spend $50-70 every week and do PIF every week for next 6 months. If there is no CLI by that time Card is going straight to shredder.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

vesper wrote:
Okay, I have had a measly $200 CL on my Target for almost 2 years. I use it all the time and I pay it off all the time. Some months I don't pay it completely off. I called about 6 months ago about getting a CLI and the lady said for me to give it a few more months. I called this morning about it again and the automatice response was "target is not doing credit line increases at this time". Huh? So I talked to a CSR, but I couldn't understand all that he was saying because his accent was very thick. What I go out of it is that I can't get an increase because.....and the only thing I caught after that was because I had no activity in December on my card. I'm so confused....should I use my card every month?

I'm in my 8th month and still have $200.

They may be holding off on the CLIs for a while.  Their credit portfolio has an enormous default rate, and they've been said to be shopping it around to other lenders.

Message 4 of 6
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

vesper wrote:

I'm in my 8th month and still have $200.

They may be holding off on the CLIs for a while.  Their credit portfolio has an enormous default rate, and they've been said to be shopping it around to other lenders.

Sounds like Target gestation -- Smiley Happy

Perhaps at month #9 you'll be reward with a bouncing baby Target Visa!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 5 of 6
vanilla
Valued Member

They keep giving me auto-increases every few months, and moved me up to a Visa after a year or so (give or take a few months, I don't recall). Of course, I use the card ALLLL the time.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.