Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target is cutting CL's!

tag
pattycake
Established Contributor

Target is cutting CL's!

I just checked my Target CL this morning, and they dropped my CL from $5K to $3K. 

I don't use it a lot because the APR is so high, but this made me mad.  I've been with them for ten years, and have NEVER been late.  

Argh.  The current CC environment is brutal.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Target is cutting CL's!

Just great....now my $200 will turn to $100. That'll be my luck!

OP, sorry that happened. Seems like I read another post saying that their Target was cut too.

Message 2 of 12
pattycake
Established Contributor

Amen!  This is a Target Visa.  I know they've been looking for a way to make their CC division more profitable, so this may be it. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poster on another thread wrote that her/his Target card had been decreased from $5000 to $500, I believe. Guess I'd better log into my Target account and see what's happening with my $5000 limit.

Crossing my fingers...

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 07-28-2009 10:46 AM
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the moment my Target Visa CL appears to be intact.  Whew!! Smiley Happy OP, did you receive notice before the decrease or only find out by logging onto your account? Any idea when this was decreased?
Message 5 of 12
pattycake
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
For the moment my Target Visa CL appears to be intact.  Whew!! Smiley Happy OP, did you receive notice before the decrease or only find out by logging onto your account? Any idea when this was decreased?

Over the weekend it was $5K, and today I logged in and it was $3K.  I did not get a notice, this was a surprise. 
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uggh...I hate to see this happening with another credit card issurer. I'm so sorry your CL was cut...good thing is at least they left you with more than many Target card holders ever receive.

Myself, I'm still sweating out the Wamu/Chase thing. 

Message 7 of 12
pattycake
Established Contributor

I just called them, and the CSR said they are taking AA on accounts for the following reasons:

• Recent bad payment history on Target account or other accounts
  • Negative CB information
  • Non-use of card

He said they normally close CCs that are inactive for six months, but that in my case, I've only gotten a CLD.  In other words, a warning to use it or lose it.   He said they are pretty much doing these things across the board.  

Message 8 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Just great....now my $200 will turn to $100. That'll be my luck!

OP, sorry that happened. Seems like I read another post saying that their Target was cut too.

+1. I wonder what they will do to my card with $200 CL for last 2 years....Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just double checked mine and I have the same $200 limit I have had since 07. I guess I am not the only one with a dinky limit.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.