Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Chase?

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Thanks Chase?

Maybe they forgot an extra zero at the end.

Message 11 of 18
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The APR is 23% after the 6 month 0% intro. It has cashback if that matters. I'm happy I got the card but the limit is just laughable. Makes no sense. This being my 2nd chase card and the limit is actually lower then my +1 card.

What's worst is....Orchard gives a higher CL ($300).

Message 12 of 18
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

I'm thinking that had to be a typo on that letter or something. My first card was a Cap1 and it's starting limit was $300. I got my Chase Freedom as my second card and the starting limit was $2000 so maybe they just forgot a zero or something. At the time my income was only something like 18k a year so I would definitely call. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 13 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

This is just a guess, but maybe since Chase will be losing money off their debit card merchant fees they think they will be able to pick up the fees by issuing more credit cards....but just a guess I have no insight

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

So I called up chase and questioned them about my CL. The first time I called the lady was very impaitent with me. She sounded like she pulled some BS out of her behind and told me that the reason my CL was so low was becuase my +1 card limit was so high already. Uh.. okay? And when is $300 a high limit? I told her thanks and hung up.

My second time calling I got this really cute sounding CSR. She said she would take care of me and what limit I was looking for. I told her around the $1000 range. She put me on hold and came back and told me nicely that she could only get an approval for a $300CLI. I accepted. Now my Chase freedom has  CL of  $500. I'm happy about this but not overly happy. Looking around here people say its a good card to have.

Can anyone tell me how chase is with CLI on the freedom card (since i never got on with my +1 card) and how fast this card will grow with me?

Message 15 of 18
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

So I called up chase and questioned them about my CL. The first time I called the lady was very impaitent with me. She sounded like she pulled some BS out of her behind and told me that the reason my CL was so low was becuase my +1 card limit was so high already. Uh.. okay? And when is $300 a high limit? I told her thanks and hung up.

My second time calling I got this really cute sounding CSR. She said she would take care of me and what limit I was looking for. I told her around the $1000 range. She put me on hold and came back and told me nicely that she could only get an approval for a $300CLI. I accepted. Now my Chase freedom has  CL of  $500. I'm happy about this but not overly happy. Looking around here people say its a good card to have.

Can anyone tell me how chase is with CLI on the freedom card (since i never got on with my +1 card) and how fast this card will grow with me?

Never carry a balance with Chase, use the CC hard, PIF each month. After the 6 statement cut, call in and ask for a CLI. Warning...chase CLI is generally a "hard pull". OR...just use the card hard, PIF and wait for a auto CLI. Good luck.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your credit scores and your credit history if you don't mind saying?  Not only did you get a small cli but also a fairly high interest rate.  There must be something about your request that concerns them.

Message 17 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your credit scores and your credit history if you don't mind saying?  Not only did you get a small cli but also a fairly high interest rate.  There must be something about your request that concerns them.

+1   --and FICO scores, please, not FAKO's.

Do you allow balances to report? In other words, do you wait until your statement generates to pay your balances? With low-limit cards, that can mean high reported util (utilization; balance reported divided by credit limit), and that can really hurt scores. It looks like you're carrying balances, even though you're not. And if you do carry balances, it's even worse.

Have you had any late payments, collections, charge-offs on any account at all, especially within the last two years? (My apologies if you've posted this; I missed it, if so.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.