Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Perfect Unsecured Rebuilder Card??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Perfect Unsecured Rebuilder Card??

Discovered this weekend that my SOs Equifax score has climbed much higher than I'd thought. It's the cleanest of all his reports, and we found out it had crept to 665 when we purchased his new truck this weekend. My plan for furthering his credit score was to apply for one more credit card once his score was high enough to get an unsecured, no annual fee card. Right now all he has is the BOA 99/500. With his Equifax higher than the other two, I thought he might be in a position to find the perfect card now as long as they only pull Eq. Credit Unions are basically out because I'm fairly sure he's got some Chexsystems dings. I just ordered the report to dispute anything inaccurate, but I'm pretty sure there will be some accurate stuff on there as well. Any other suggestions for an Equifax pulling, unsecured, no annual fee card? Does Cabelas fit this mold? Will they approve around 660?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: The Perfect Unsecured Rebuilder Card??

Cabelas would be perfect
Message 2 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Nordstrom.......
Message 3 of 18
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Capital One, they pull all three so they will see your clean EQ report.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard a lot of bad things about CapOne, plus he applied there in December when his scores had just crossed 600 and was declined. I really don't want CapOne dings again on all three reports. One ding on his Equifax report is worth it, especially if he can be approved with that score for an unsecured card with no annual fee. Those annual fees just don't sit well with me, and I don't want him getting a new card until he can qualify for one without it.

I didn't see anything about annual fees on Cabela's site, so I'm assuming there isn't one? What kind of credit limit can he expect, and does it look like a store card or a Visa for reporting purposes? What kind of limits do people in the mid 600s see from Nordstrom? They only pull Eq?

Message 5 of 18
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

GEMB also pulls EQ so you might want to take a look at their credit card portfolio. JCP and Lowe's cards are two of the better cards they have to offer.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo! After reading some more recent approvals here on the forums we decided to go ahead with the Cabela's application. Instant approval! This has been such a good week credit wise. Now I'm just curious what the limit is.

Does the Cabela's Visa report as a Visa card or a store card?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to ya..

Message 8 of 18
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

congrates as well, I just got the Cabela's Visa also. My EQ score is 648. I am curious about the CL too!
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 9 of 18
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
Capital One, they pull all three so they will see your clean EQ report.

I wouldn't really say the fact they pull all three is a good thing.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.