Time to Report / Flex Spend CC

tag
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: Time to Report / Flex Spend CC

@vpae wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

Yah, I wish BofA would report the CL since that's my highest. lol

That is one of my highest too. the only thing setting me back from converting to a siggy. decisions decisions!

I look at it this way, it motivates me to get my other cards CL up to that same limit or higher. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 38
YahComb
Established Contributor

@icloud2525 wrote:

I don't believe the TY preferred comes in a siggy.  At least mine isn't.  If yours comes as one please let me know.  The card itself is just a flexible spending card.  Mine reports that way as well but no mention of signature anywhere.

hmm id be a little surprised the visa version doesn't come in a visa sig. I just got a World Mastercard version 3 months ago(and a sub 5k line too)

Flexible spending is used to signify NPSL credit cards (visa sig/world mastercard). the credit report wouldn't mention being a visa signature or world mastercard, or platinum visa, etc..

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 12 of 38
vpae
Established Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

I don't believe the TY preferred comes in a siggy.  At least mine isn't.  If yours comes as one please let me know.  The card itself is just a flexible spending card.  Mine reports that way as well but no mention of signature anywhere.

hmm id be a little surprised the visa version doesn't come in a visa sig. I just got a World Mastercard version 3 months ago(and a sub 5k line too)

Flexible spending is used to signify NPSL credit cards (visa sig/world mastercard). the credit report wouldn't mention being a visa signature or world mastercard, or platinum visa, etc..

When I apped online, there was a radio button I needed to choose, but Visa was the only option. I wonder if I can PC the TYP from Visa to a WMC? Doesn't it also come in an WEMC?

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 13 of 38
YahComb
Established Contributor

do you actually have your card in hand yet? id be surprised to see a visa platinum reporting as flexible spending

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 14 of 38
vpae
Established Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

do you actually have your card in hand yet? id be surprised to see a visa platinum reporting as flexible spending

Unfortunately not. Apped 7/27, Approved 7/31. Nothing yet. I hope I get it today. It doesn't automatically show up on my Citi account so I can't see it online.

An email from them just says

We're excited to let you know that you have been approved for the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card with a revolving credit line of $10,000. You will be receiving your card shortly. You are officially a Citi® cardmember as of 07/31/2013.

Now you have access to great card benefits¹:

Earn 2 ThankYou® Points for every dollar spent on purchases for dining at restaurants and entertainment. Plus, earn 1 ThankYou Point per dollar spent on other purchases.²

Enjoy no point expiration and no limit on the number of points you can earn

Redeem points for an amazing selection of rewards including gift cards, merchandise and more

Enjoy global acceptance and enhanced security when you use your card at merchants that use chip terminals to accept your payment

Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 15 of 38
HiLine
Blogger

@eddie84 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

My BofA Travel Rewards card (Visa Signature) also reports as Flexible Spending account and from the info I got on here, it shouldn't count against your utilization.  Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

The card will be taken into account when utilization is calculated. Smiley Happy

Bank of America always reports VERY fast.

Well, Lexie said it isn't factored into the FICO score and here's the link.  I was under the impression that if it isn't factored into the FICO score then it shouldn't effect the utilization (for scoring purpose).

I don't know on what basis she made that comment, through personal experience, via hearing from other people, or what else. What I am telling you is from my personal experience with the 2 FICO scores that MyFICO makes available. It has been commonly believed on this board that the high balance of a Visa Signature card that doesn't report the credit limit is used in lieu of the credit limit. Spend a couple of minutes looking through previous threads and you'll see an overwhelming majority saying that.

Message 16 of 38
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

DIdn't mean the credit report mentioning it, meant on the card itself, terms and conditions, welcome papers or anywhere.  Says on site about card "No Pre–set Spending Limit2
There’s no need to worry about hitting your spending limit, as long as you pay in full each month the amount that exceeds your revolving credit limit."  I beleve it's just a card feature Citi has with it, not an official signature. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 17 of 38
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@icloud2525 wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

DIdn't mean the credit report mentioning it, meant on the card itself, terms and conditions, welcome papers or anywhere.  Says on site about card "No Pre–set Spending Limit2
There’s no need to worry about hitting your spending limit, as long as you pay in full each month the amount that exceeds your revolving credit limit."  I beleve it's just a card feature Citi has with it, not an official signature. 

If it says it on the site it is very likely a Signature card.  You could always call them and ask....

Message 18 of 38
vpae
Established Contributor

Well, I just got my card. The logo on it is just a VISA. No Signature.

It has the Chip thou.

On the supplied documentation, nothing about Signature. One paragrah says

"With no preset spending limit, each charge that causes your balance to exceed your revolving credit limit will be evaluated based on accoutn usage and performance, other account relationships with us (if applicable), and your experience with other creditors. You must pay in full each month any amount that exceeds your revolving credit limit. Available for Citi ThankYou Preferred cardmembers."

So yeah, it must be a Citi thing. :/

Message 19 of 38
resilient
Established Contributor

The BofA Susan G Komen is a WMC that is the same exact card as to Cash Rewards. It reports the credit line to the CRAs and also states "flexible spending account".
Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.