cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for triggering auto CLI Chase Freedom?

tag
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: How long before Chase auto CLI ?

I have had probably 10 chase chass over the years and have only gotten 1 auto auto cli and it was at 6 months on my 2nd card with them. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 11 of 25
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Heh my Chase cards are at the same limits as when I opened them.. And one is barely over 5k and the other is barely under 5K...  Annoyed at it since neither has enough to move CL to make them both at least 5k...

-J

Message 12 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Peteyglad wrote:

I have had probably 10 chase chass over the years and have only gotten 1 auto auto cli and it was at 6 months on my 2nd card with them. 

Lol, maybe ask to trade in your chass fir some cards you might get better results😏

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a Chase Biz card and Freedom Card. At six  months they auto cli the biz card. We pay in full. DW Freedom card started with $21.5K  limit and my undertstanding this is very close to the max they allow on that card.  It is only a few months old.  

Message 14 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Nobody can say how long it will be. Auto CLIs do not happen on a schedule and there isn't much you can do to prompt one outside of just using your account, paying it and keeping it in good standing. To me, if you really want a CLI, it's better to just ask for one than waiting for something that may never happen. Chase isn't really known for CLI results no matter what, whether it's auto or HP request. They just aren't big on giving increases in many cases.

Message 15 of 25
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AllCredit wrote:

I remember when I got my first Chase card (Amazon Prime Visa), and the banker said pay it off in full every month for 6mths...I did just that (using it regularly of course) and at month 6 I got an auto-CLI.  I know it won't work for everyone like that but I hopefully it provides a little insight...

I've done exactly that with all 3 of my Chase cards (including Amazon Prime) for the past 2 1/2 years and have never gotten an auto CLI or any other kind of CLI on any of them.

It's my understanding that auto CLI's from Chase are pretty rare.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 16 of 25
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

YMMV. However, contrary to what some say about Chase, there is a synergy there. The more I am loyal and the less I think about it- the more CLI emerges. I see at least one CLI on each card a year and have yet to ask for one.

Message 17 of 25
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Have had my Amazon Prime Rewards for nearly two years, still hoping for an auto CLI.  Monthly AMZ spend, while PIF.  Compared to my BofA, where I put less spend on, gave me auto-luv after twelve-months.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 18 of 25
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Just got an auto CLI on my Reserve. I was wondering the same as OP since It's now been a year of having the card. Either the card anniversary triggered it in my case or letting the largest statement balance so far cut. Limit was 15k and I let about 6500 cut and they upped it to 19.5k without so much as a notification or email. Maybe a snail mail letter is coming.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 19 of 25
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@barthooper wrote:

Just got an auto CLI on my Reserve. I was wondering the same as OP since It's now been a year of having the card. Either the card anniversary triggered it in my case or letting the largest statement balance so far cut. Limit was 15k and I let about 6500 cut and they upped it to 19.5k without so much as a notification or email. Maybe a snail mail letter is coming.

Nope, that's Chase for you. Aside from the existing limit and it showing in your account- they won't so much as even acknowledge that it happened, lol. It's hush-hush Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.