cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Rewards CC

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Valued Contributor

Total Rewards CC

I have the Total Rewards Visa and I was looking at the redeeming rewards it takes a lot of points to get anything. Anything else anyone redeem for?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Established Contributor

Re: Total Rewards CC

I spent about $60,000 on mine in the last three years.  About all I got was a complimentary trip to the all-you-can eat salad bar at Harrahs.

Message 2 of 12

@CreditContractor wrote:

I spent about $60,000 on mine in the last three years.  About all I got was a complimentary trip to the all-you-can eat salad bar at Harrahs.

Smiley Very Happy

Seems like, ummmm very rewarding for $60K.

Message 3 of 12
Valued Contributor

I've never heard of this card.  Who issues it?  What are the earnings rates?

Chase Sapphire Reserve • PenFed Power Cash Rewards • and five cards in the sock drawer

No CC debt • No bonus chasing • No app sprees • No gift cards • No AZEO • No airline incidentals • No hotel cards • No store cards • No business cards • No authorized users
Message 4 of 12
Established Contributor

@CreditContractor wrote:

For that amount of spend I think I would be still there, eating. Smiley LOL

~~ Former Royal Navy Submariner - Proud to have served ~~
Message 5 of 12
Valued Contributor

I have 4 of the Comenity Visa/MCs. They're mostly 1x pts on everyday purchases and the points earned aren't really worth anything unless you buy from the specific merchant the card is for. Though they are great about giving SP CLIs every 4 mos.--I really don't use mine much any more which is why I haven't bothered to ask for anymore increases lately.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 12

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

I've never heard of this card.  Who issues it?  Comenity/CCB What are the earnings rates?  Very lack-luster IMO.

Message 7 of 12
Regular Contributor

Gift cards for me lolSmiley Happy 

EX 687
EQ 694
TU 684
BK 7 D/C Dec. '16.
Message 8 of 12
Super Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

I've never heard of this card.  Who issues it?  What are the earnings rates?

Comenity. The card earns 5x on total reward destination purchases, 2x on gas and groceries, 1x on all other. No one should even consider applying for it unless they really have a use for the TR points, which really translates into dining and hotel stays at TR properties. You can redeem for other things, but if so, you're probably better off with a cash back card.

Message 9 of 12
Frequent Contributor

I only use mine in Vegas and redeem in Vegas at Cesars properties. Other than that...no real value.
RBFCU Premier $25K, Sam’s Club MC $25K, Citi Exec WEMC $27.5K, Alliant Signature $20K, SSFCU $20K, Cap1 Venture $20K, Employer CU LOC $20K, Navy GoRewards $18K, 2nd NFCU Plat $14.7K, Citi Simplicity $14.7K, PenFed Power Cash $10K, PenFed PLOC $10k, Navy Platinum $12.7K, SMG $8.5K, PenFed Promise $2.5K, Total Rewards $6K, Discover It $1.7K, Discover It $2K, Cap One QS1 $850, Overstock $29.5K
DC BK13 3/17....TU clean due to EE as of 12/17! EX clean as of 4/18! EQ clean as of 5/4/18!
Message 10 of 12