Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Travel card

So I have been improving my score all payments are always on time yada yada. Now I applied for a P.C. Richards and Marshall’s card and was approved scores high 600’s only report unlocked is TransUnion. however the one and only next card I really care to apply for is a travel card because I travel JetBlue a lot not just to me but with my kids as well. Has anyone had any luck in applying for travel rewards card with their score in the high 600s? Is it maybe best to wait until I hit the 700 mark? Would I have to have all 3 reports at the same score and unlocked to apply?
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Travel card

I don't know your approval odds, or what the best bonus offer is, but Barclays issues two JetBlue cards and tends to pull TU only.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't app now before your store cards hit, you'll probably want to wait at least 6 months.

Somebody mentioned Barclaycard, but they seem to like a high AAoA -- what was yours before these two store cards?

You'll need to unlock EQ, but PenFed Pathfinder could do you well. My app from yesterday is pending, but I've seen data points for $20k+ SL with scores in the 600's.

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should try the jetblue card or a wf propel. There is only 2 possible outcomes and worse one is you have to waiting for half a year.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now my scores did drop because of the Marshall’s. I tried some kind of Tavel card the same day and app is pending (probably won’t get it) so that was a waste. But it was the 670 when I was approved for the marshals and PC Richard and son, again with just TransUnion I licked. Now one of the things I did notice is all for these cards are issued by the synchrony bank I honestly want to avoid them as much as possible Because I did see a forum where someone was mentioning they applied for a lot of synchrony bank cards and at some point down the line it did cause issues I actually don’t care too much for retail cards. Last card I want is a travel card and ikea since I’ll be doing home buying but for now JetBlue/travels card
Message 5 of 27
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums!

Can you provide some more details about your credit profile such as number of accounts, age of accounts, AAoA, AoYA, FICO 8 scores etc.

There’s too many variables in play to make educated guesses off high 600’s score. There’s a lot more to your credit report then just your fico score.

An example : one of the moderators here was just declined for a travel credit card with an 800+ credit score because he wasn’t aware of a accounts/number of months rule. More and more banks are developing anti-churning rules. Not saying this applies to you but it’s good to have all the information so we can Help you make the best decision.

With all that being said. If the scores mentioned are FICO scores (not credit karma/other free apps) you could have a decent shot at the JetBlue MasterCard. Being that it’s a cobranded card, the UW requirements are usually less strict then other travel cards.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So all of my cards were opened up between April of last year and Friday that just passed. I have about six different cards right now. And no those were actually my scores with Credit Karma and Sesame. I keep seeing many different things regarding fico is there a free app to pull up fico and if not what is a legitimate website to pull up my Fico scores
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can get an experian free trial and see what your score is, just be sure to cancel before free period expires.

some credit cards offer free fico scores, like Discover IT, Amex, Wells fargo cards.

Message 8 of 27
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Credit karma/sesame scores are worthless.
They are based on VantageScore 3. This is not used by Lenders. Credit Karma is a good tool to look your reports and get weekly updates of the information contained on your reports.

You can signup for a $1 trial of Experian CreditWorks Premium. It will let you see your 3B FICO 8 scores and 3B report. Cancelling the trial is easily done online.

Can you list out each card with the approx opening month/year.
Credit card 1 - oct/2018 and it’s credit limit.

When you get the information from Experian. Look for Average Age of Accounts found on your report and post it here.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 9 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
So all of my cards were opened up between April of last year and Friday that just passed. I have about six different cards right now. And no those were actually my scores with Credit Karma and Sesame. I keep seeing many different things regarding fico is there a free app to pull up fico and if not what is a legitimate website to pull up my Fico scores

https://www.creditchecktotal.com/

$1.00 trial, just make sure to cancel once you grab your scores 

Discover gives free monthly EX fico 8   https://www.discover.com/free-credit-score/

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.