Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tribute question..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tribute question..

i just got approved for Tribute card $300CL.  it says they are mailing me my card ASAP.  it also says before i can activate/use it that i must make a $20 payment to the account. 

so, i get my card, open it up and get my account number and such, and make a payment of $20 and then its active????  thats dumb on their part.  what if someone doesnt pay the money, etc.  they wasted their time printing and mailing the card, etc.  just making sure i understand this right.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: Tribute question..

yeah I had to do that! I know tribute is sub prime but Ive had my card fro two years and really liek them as a rebuilder card. My limit was 300.00 and I have a CL of 1050.. all automatic increases. Once i get the last 300.00 paid off im going to ask for another CL increase.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool, thanks for the info.  so, unlike some other subs, it does have the potential to grow with you. 

i just made another long post and this kinda answers my question that when/if i have to chose between closing either Tribute or FP...it would probably be FP Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I think I would also pick First Premier over Tribute.

Does Tribute make you buy your CLIs also?
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think i remember it saying something about "pay your bills for xmonths and get cli" or something.  maybe im losing my mind--which is also very possible Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

no. I hate FP.. I had them in my 20s.  I was so mad when I got a credit card for 250 and I only had 50 avail credit because of the insane AF.  I hardly saw increase so I paid and closed the account.  They send me stuff all the time and I toss it. My starter cards are in order that I go them, these were all auto increase
Tribute MC 1050 CL
Plains commerce bank- Transfer from LVN collections of an old sears  card Cl 1300
Credit one Bank 950
Orchard 400 ( made me pay 15.00 for a 100 increase)
Sams club 500
Cap 1 1500

6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 6 of 7
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Ive had a Tribute MC now for 18 months. Got 3 CLI's for first 12 months now I havent seen any. I dont know if after 12 months they only do CLIs every year or what. Been sitting at $750 since October.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.