cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Value Credit Card program from Comenity ending.

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

True Value Credit Card program from Comenity ending.

I just got a letter from Comenity letting me know that the True Value Credit Card program is ending March 5, 2020 and all True Value Credit Cards will be closed on March 6, 2020.

This is one of my accounts with a rather large limit, so I will miss this, as I shopped at True Value a lot.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: True Value Credit Card program from Comenity ending.

@CountryLivin wrote:

I just got a letter from Comenity letting me know that the True Value Credit Card program is ending March 5, 2020 and all True Value Credit Cards will be closed on March 6, 2020.

This is one of my accounts with a rather large limit, so I will miss this, as I shopped at True Value a lot.

This was the only co-branded card that I knew of that used Discover's network and still existed... So much for that.

Message 2 of 24
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

That is no good. I try to support my local Ace when I can, especially when I have "how to" questions.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CountryLivin wrote:

Sorry to hear that. True Value is a name that's been around for a good length of time. Since 1948

Message 4 of 24
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@ChargedUp wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

This was the only co-branded card that I knew of that used Discover's network and still existed... So much for that.

I still remember myco-branded Direct Merchants Discover card.   #goodoldays

Message 5 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, just got my notice in the mail too. Well, there goes $21,000 😄. It's unfortunate, but it is a sign of the times.

Just less than a couple months ago, similar notifications for the Barney's CC program.

And... crickets from the Blispay CC.
Message 6 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Loquat wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

I still remember myco-branded Direct Merchants Discover card.   #goodoldays

I had that one as well.  Smiley Very Happy

Mine had a $300 credit line, and my other card was an Orchard Bank/HSBC MasterCard also with a $300 credit line.  Looking back it was amazing what I was able to do with those two little cards back then.

Message 7 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
Yup, just got my notice in the mail too. Well, there goes $21,000 😄. It's unfortunate, but it is a sign of the times.

Just less than a couple months ago, similar notifications for the Barney's CC program.

And... crickets from the Blispay CC.

Crickets, indeed.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I feel bad for @CreditMagic7 Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I feel bad for @CreditMagic7 Smiley Sad

And why?  I mean, this is impacting all True Value Discover accountholders and this tends to happen with Comenity here and there...for anyone that's been in the forums for a while. Some lost souls include Virgin America, Elder-Beerman, Barney's and the list goes on. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.