Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH COMENITY!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UGH COMENITY!!!!!!

I tried for CLI on three cards. Entered my income and hit submit but the page did not do anything. No box, no nothing. IT DID NOTHING. I then tried calling automated and it requested me to speak with someone before processing and I hung up with all three cards.

Today I get notice they did THREE HARD PULLS, one for each account. I was never asked to do a hard pull! I was never asked or told anything. The pages went nowhere.

Needless to say I am super pissed. On the phone they said they will fill out a form to remove the hard pulls but I am also going to dispute. 

Has this ever happened? Be warned! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: UGH COMENITY!!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried for CLI on three cards. Entered my income and hit submit but the page did not do anything. No box, no nothing. IT DID NOTHING. I then tried calling automated and it requested me to speak with someone before processing and I hung up with all three cards.

Today I get notice they did THREE HARD PULLS, one for each account. I was never asked to do a hard pull! I was never asked or told anything. The pages went nowhere.

Needless to say I am super pissed. On the phone they said they will fill out a form to remove the hard pulls but I am also going to dispute. 

Whenever you ask for more credit always expect that a HP will be done, SP are always nice but not a sure thing. I'm sure when you tried for the CLI there must have been some glitch in their system for t to do nothing and HP you anyways. Hopefully they get it sorted out. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: one of the INQ is from a comenity card THAT I DON'T HAVE!!! Experian is saying I need them to remove it and comenity is saying there is nothing they can do because the INQ/application doesn't show in their system.

Is there anyway the inquiry is showing up as one comenity but is actually from another?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you seeing that you have three inquiries and one from a card that you don't have?

Message 4 of 13
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The exact thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago for two of my Comenity cards.  It never went through - the page did nothing, but I rec'd notice from both MyFico and CK that they hit me with HPs that day.  However, I did the automated phone a couple of weeks after that and I did get CLIs and no pull so I figure it evened out.  I was just as surprised though that I got pulled and it never went past the screen where it asks for your income.

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 5 of 13
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

more details would be helpful, usually HP CLI for commenity cards are usually reserved for Visa and MC products. Where they are extremely rare for store cards, I have grown all 6 of my commenity store cards from $600-$800 limits to over $3000 each in $200-$400 steps and have never recived a HP CLI yet. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Where are you seeing that you have three inquiries and one from a card that you don't have?

Experian report directly from Experian.

Message 7 of 13
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Experian report directly from Experian.

You can dispute the unauthorized inquiry.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not unauthorized if more credit was reqursted.
Message 9 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

more details would be helpful, usually HP CLI for commenity cards are usually reserved for Visa and MC products. Where they are extremely rare for store cards, I have grown all 6 of my commenity store cards from $600-$800 limits to over $3000 each in $200-$400 steps and have never recived a HP CLI yet. 

Comenity doesn't typically do HP for ANY CLI's (visa or store) I even have the little button online on many of my accounts that says I agree to a HP if I continue and click on it and still no HP but over phone for sure never a hp.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.