Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ULTRA VX !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ULTRA VX !!!

The ultra VX credit card is definitely not what they say it is. I have had this card for atleast a year. I have been renting cars since August of 2008-March of 2009 then one day when I went to rent a car the rental car agency (Alamo) told me that they do not accept pre-paid cards. I informed them that this was not a pre-paid card but a secured credit card account and they in turn told me that it was coming up in their system as "pre-paid." So I went to a few other rental car agencies like Avis, Enterprise, Budget and they all said the same thing. Now if this is a pre-paid card I can get one of those for free without paying the annual fees and what not. Is anyone else having this problem?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ULTRA VX !!!

Did the card report too the credit agency? Any other complaints? how does it work in laymans terms? does report a high balance? do you get your security deposit back if you cancel the card? 
Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes I believe the credit card sites that offer this card classify it as Pre-Paid
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though it's online site says it reports to CRBs this card really is a preloaded card. Kind of looks like a hybrid...cross between secured card and preloaded.
Message 4 of 7
charmcity
New Contributor

Kind of off-topic, but has anyone else had trouble renting cars with a secured credit card?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue. I have used the card at least a dozen times to rent cars. It was great while it lasted. I would only load what I needed for the rental plus the 15% extra. Would always rent in Florida and Georgia. When I tried to rent from Alamo and National in April 09, it was not accepted anymore. I was stuck at the airport some 60 miles from my destination at 10 pm. I was disgusted.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't experienced any rental problems but this is my dilemma, I have been requesting a new card since the one I have expired in July 2009 and have not received one yet. I have been calling Ultra VX since July 1, 2009 right before the card actually expired and have been getting the run around ever since. I have spoken to supervisors after supervisors and they suggested that I report the card lost seeing that she could "guarantee" me a card in 3-5 business days. I called on September 2nd 2009 to see why I have not received my card and they told me that it was sent back to them. I said to the customer rep that you are lying because I have requested about 4 cards and none of those have been sent back to them. I have not been able to get any of my funds since July 17, 2009 and my bills and rent is behind because of Ultra VX's neglagence. They try to tell me that UPS is sending it when I know that the card comes regular Postal service. This is horrible and once I do finally receive my card I am closing it and never using nor recommending this company to no one. I am so frustrated!!!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.