Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE! Amex questions moving limits and CLI's

tag
Poppa
Established Contributor

Re: Amex questions moving limits and CLI's

I won't apply if I don't get the 0%. I'm going to call I guess but I'm not sure which department to deal with. Underwriting? Credit Analyst? So just for background I just did a BT from my wife's credit to mine for $2500 to my Discover and I have a BT on my freedom card from April for $2500. Other than that I haven't gotten any cards since 2 last November. I have $133k total limits and $6000 total balances atm. 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Strange thing is I got this on my business simply cash being the pop-up, but they still gaveg me the 0% apr intro...  So not sure what to think.  Granted a bit of a different question, but regardless had the apr verbage in pop-up and wanted it anyways, but do indeed have a 0% apr and using it currently for a new tv for floating free money for 5 months.  I did have the old version of the simply cash though so maybe considered the same as well, but regardless got the 0 apr.

Now this is a bit shifty to popup and then give the 0% anyway.  It's a positive but, when you're tyring to decide on a large $ BT and rolling the dice on 0% or 17% is a big difference.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa wrote:

I won't apply if I don't get the 0%. I'm going to call I guess but I'm not sure which department to deal with. Underwriting? Credit Analyst? So just for background I just did a BT from my wife's credit to mine for $2500 to my Discover and I have a BT on my freedom card from April for $2500. Other than that I haven't gotten any cards since 2 last November. I have $133k total limits and $6000 total balances atm. 

Whoever you end up talking to will probably have to open a ticket and send it over to the RAT group to investigate the issue.  Everything you've mentioned so far doesn't equate to denying the 0% terms to me.  But, I don't run Amex either. 

I didn' thave any issue back in Dec and the popup for me started in Feb.  

Message 13 of 18
Poppa
Established Contributor

Now they no longer show me the Magnet card at all even if I click 'all cards' as long as I'm signed in

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they do that, but, if you go to the card page in incognito mode the card will show up as long as you don't login.  I had the same issue finding the CM when I wanted the free money.  

https://card.americanexpress.com/d/cash-magnet-credit-card/?utm_mcid=3572101  Looks ike they upped the SUB on it as well.

Message 15 of 18
Poppa
Established Contributor

Do you think it matters if I use the pre approved while signed in app over the not signed in incognito app? Will signed in app be a SP and the other be HP?

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't matter.... the system matches your info up before "submitting" and codes it as a SP.  I've hit submit while dealing with the popup issue... and it popped up w/o signing in while incognito due to a match of info.  I had also tried incognito, hitting apply to lock the SUB and open another tab to login, refresh the original app tab to get the 4 box version w/o having to form fill the app completely.

Message 17 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Poppa wrote:
Do you think it matters if I use the pre approved while signed in app over the not signed in incognito app? Will signed in app be a SP and the other be HP?

I would definatly call, a CSR might have a work around to your issue.

I got results by calling in, that i could not get online. YEMV

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.