Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE - Reinstated] AOD Visa Closed?

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

[UPDATE - Reinstated] AOD Visa Closed?

**UPDATE** Just got off the phone. It looks like my savings account went dormant (no activity for 12 months) and hence was charged a dormant fee of 4.95. When that happened it brought my savings account under $25, which then systematically closed all my accounts. Just made a deposit over the phone which should reinstate the accounts over the next few days. Side note, sounds like this is a common issue for "out of staters" :-) Just glad it wasn't closed for anything other than that. Note to self: make sure to auto schedule some transactions throughout the year (even small ones).  

----------

Really weird last couple of days. Took a road trip and tried to use my AOD visa and was immediately declined. Figure I triggered a fraud alert or something which was fine, no biggie I'd deal with it when I got home. However, I'm home and logged in (after resetting my password). Account shows up as closed; after chatting with the Card Servicer they mentioned it was closed by AOD, I'll need to call them when they open tomorrow. A few data points - stellar credit, no baddies/degs, no weird high utilization, used the card for most of my daily spend and pay in full each month. I'm wondering if paying my taxes last month spooked them, or if they decided I wasn't a profitable customer. I'll report back when I connect with them, but anyone else have an experience like this?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AOD Visa Closed?

That's really weird. Curious to hear what they have to say. I haven't had any problems with my card and this is the first closure I've heard of. 

Message 2 of 44
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Yeah its really strange. Another data point - I just hit the 1 year mark with the card. I'll report back what they say.

Message 3 of 44
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Wow, that's a surprise! Sorry to hear about that. Smiley Sad  Maybe they flagged the card itself for some reason and plan to replace it?  Or maybe you can get them to reopen it, depending on the reason.  I believe this is the first such report so this could be helpful information to anyone else who goes through this type of situation.  Let us know how it turns out!

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 4 of 44
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that. 

I was just approved for this card last week, still waiting to receive it in the mail. 

Definitely report back if you can, a lot of members would be interested in what happened here. 

Sorry again.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 44
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear and hopefully it was some sort of clerical error.

IIRC there is info someplace that they do perform annual credit reviews for CLI's and/or other offerings so I wonder if something small spooked an underwriter. Did you go over your limit at all with the tax payment? (These are "Signature Visa" cards, so they shouldn't penalize you as this is one of the benefits of such cards).

Message 6 of 44
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Are you by chance outside of their usual "footprint?"

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:

95+% of the people who got this card probably are. It would be extremely unusual to decide to crack down on existing members rather than new ones though. 

Message 8 of 44
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Oh geez! Please don't let AOD go the direction of the Duck & Beaver cards!

Message 9 of 44
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

95+% of the people who got this card probably are. It would be extremely unusual to decide to crack down on existing members rather than new ones though. 

I definitely am in an out of area state. But they knew that when I applied and for the last year.

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.