Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: USAA 2.5% Targeted Offer

I'd love to land this one!! I'll have the app finger ready for this release!!😁
Message 21 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

On July 1, 2016, USAA applied for the following registered trademarks. Apparently, they having been thinking about this card for a long while now.

"USAA LIMITLESS CASHBACK REWARDS"             .................... https://trademarks.justia.com/870/91/usaa-limitless-cashback-87091777.html

"USAA LIMITLESS"                                                       .................... https://trademarks.justia.com/870/91/usaa-87091776.html

"LIMITLESS"                                                                  ..................... https://trademarks.justia.com/870/91/limitless-87091772.html

Message 22 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Limitless Credit Card 2.5% Back

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Also I believe I read you can only get the tareted offer through mobile appliction if I am not mistaken.

Finished  a call with a USAA credit analyst and they said offers could come various channels to include e-mail or on their website when logged in. Seems they will use different forums to notify the elite that are chosen. The credit person said this is a step for USAA to offer a more exclusive card and it will not start out being generally available to all USAA Members. Believe that information has already been posted in this thread. Tried to weasel my way in through the backdoor but, the system would not accept my application as I did not meet all of their elite criteria. Hey, on myfico we try harder Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Also I believe I read you can only get the tareted offer through mobile appliction if I am not mistaken.

Finished  a call with a USAA credit analyst and they said offers could come various channels to include e-mail or on their website when logged in. Seems they will use different forums to notify the elite that are chosen. The credit person said this is a step for USAA to offer a more exclusive card and it will not start out being generally available to all USAA Members. Believe that information has already been posted in this thread. Tried to weasel my way in through the backdoor but, the system would not accept my application as I did not meet all of their elite criteria. Hey, on myfico we try harder Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info.  Would love to have this card but as I have no direct deposits with them I don't think I'll ever be qualified.

Message 24 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish80 if you were pre-selected an option is not to have the $1,000 direct deposit but then you only earn 1.5. We both know their are other fish in the sea with more points than that.
Message 25 of 332
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Message 26 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a GREAT! Card. I have my one on this one. Seems WAY better than Citi DB

Message 27 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Irish80 if you were pre-selected an option is not to have the $1,000 direct deposit but then you only earn 1.5. We both know their are other fish in the sea with more points than that.

Just do a ACH transfer of $1000 into your USAA checking account every month. Then boom automatic 2.5%

Their card agreeement states:

A Qualifying Direct Deposit is a single electronic transfer of at least $1,000 into your USAA checking account that you initiate with your employer, a government entity, or an external financial institution.

Message 28 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Thanks for the info.  Would love to have this card but as I have no direct deposits with them I don't think I'll ever be qualified.

I did call them today and they confirm that the direct deposit has to be in a single transaction of at least $1000 and ACH transfers count. And must be done at least every 30 days or other wise the 1.5% goes into effect.  I plan on doing ACH transfers when I apply for this card

Message 29 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up, BuYao!  Smiley Very Happy

This is a strong offering... I'm not targeted either, but I'm going to be on the lookout for the general rollout that's rumored.

It would be even better if they would allow a PC to this, but that's probably asking for too much being that they aren't known for doing PCs at all (although there have been a couple of recent reports of successes).  A guy can dream, right?  Smiley LOL

What would be really great is if they offer 0% intro on purchases Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 332
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.