Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CC Offer

tag
migo13
Contributor

Re: USAA CC Offer

I had a preapproval on there a few days ago. And when I clicked on offers today it was gone? Is it random?

Message 21 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@migo13 wrote:

I had a preapproval on there a few days ago. And when I clicked on offers today it was gone? Is it random?

Disappeared today for me as well, just as I was about to pull the trigger after refinancing my auto loan heh.  

Ah well, nothing says: "Time to Garden" like a lender getting cold feet, for whatever the reason Smiley Happy.  I sort of suspect it might've been a mistake anyway, I've not had a single soft inquiry against my EQ report from them even with my having a secured installment loan through them.

        
Message 22 of 27
migo13
Contributor

Been doing some reading. I've heard that they soft pull Experian for pre-approvals. If this is true, it would make sense because I have two new inquiries on my Experian. I just hope this won't affect the loan I'm about to apply for with them (it shouldn't because their hard pulls are EQ).

Message 23 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@migo13 wrote:

Been doing some reading. I've heard that they soft pull Experian for pre-approvals. If this is true, it would make sense because I have two new inquiries on my Experian. I just hope this won't affect the loan I'm about to apply for with them (it shouldn't because their hard pulls are EQ).

Hrm, I find it suspicous though that both of ours dropped effectively same day... we're a pretty small subset of the population.

I was planning to pull my full EX report in the October timeframe anyway, I'll see there.  In other interesting news though, doesn't appear like I ever got a HP for the secured installment loan I opened up with USAA... which is just baffling to me, and I have seen all three reports since I picked up that loan, EQ was my last one to check and it ain't there.

        
Message 24 of 27
apandabear
Regular Contributor

What product is the secured installment loan? I was wondering if they had one of those, but could never find one. Thanks!

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 25 of 27
migo13
Contributor

@Revelate: USAA's Platinum Visa is showing up in my offers again, although it doesn't say that I'm preapproved. You?

Message 26 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@apandabear wrote:

What product is the secured installment loan? I was wondering if they had one of those, but could never find one. Thanks!

I don't think they list it online, I simply called their CS department.

In this case it is a 100% LTV loan, secured by a variable rate CD.  You get to pick the term, and USAA's interest rate is pegged at 2% above the CD's interest rate.  For a $2500 loan with a 36 month term, it's about the cheapest quality tradeline one can get.  

That said when I finally pulled my real EQ report recently, it does report as secured, but meh.  I'm just looking to boost FICO Smiley Happy.

Migo: it's all over the website and in my offers too; has been since the pre-approval went away in my case.  I was going to apply with the pre-approval (since I want a USAA CC anyway), but I'll wait till end of the year instead of pulling the trigger now.

        
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.