Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CLI

tag
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

USAA CLI

Ok, to start out "YES" I was suppose to be in the garden untill JAN 13.  I have had my USAA Credit card for 8 months and have yet to get a CLI on it, so I decided to message them today and request a line from 1k to 7.5k to match my navfederal c.c. (my score has jumped about 100 points since I got the USAA card, which also let me up my nfcu card from 2k-7.5k).  I requested it today (2pm), how long does it normally take for them to respond/counter offer?  I am headed back into the garden, waitin for JAN and should be in mid 700's!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA CLI

@skyisthelimit wrote:

Ok, to start out "YES" I was suppose to be in the garden untill JAN 13.  I have had my USAA Credit card for 8 months and have yet to get a CLI on it, so I decided to message them today and request a line from 1k to 7.5k to match my navfederal c.c. (my score has jumped about 100 points since I got the USAA card, which also let me up my nfcu card from 2k-7.5k).  I requested it today (2pm), how long does it normally take for them to respond/counter offer?  I am headed back into the garden, waitin for JAN and should be in mid 700's!

Dunno - I requested one but I did it over the phone and got instant approval.  Cost me a hard EQ pull, though.

Message 2 of 6
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Just got this message

Thank you for your recent message regarding your Classic Platinum MasterCard ending in ####. Please be advised that your account is not eligible for a credit limit increase. 

Your account will be reviewed after it has been established for 18 months. If your account qualifies for an upgrade at that time, your account will then become eligible for the following:

• Balance Transfer
  • Change Rewards Program
  • Increase My Credit Limit
  • Order Convenience Checks

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
[name redacted]
USAA

----

I was approved for a NFCU visa signature (5k) a few months ago and a (2k-7.5k) increase on my Nrewards, was also told that I can request another increase in 6 months.  Has anyone else had this issue with USAA.... 18 months????  Granted at the time I got the card I was high 500's, but now I am almost at 700 and have these other cards.......Well keeping the card, will have to wait untill next year for the increase (keeping it paid off too).

Message 3 of 6
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@skyisthelimit wrote:

Your account will be reviewed after it has been established for 18 months. If your account qualifies for an upgrade at that time, your account will then become eligible for the following:

• Increase My Credit Limit

So it sounds like (?) after 18 months, instead of being eligible for an automatic CLI you will instead be eligible for an opportunity for you to request that they review your account to consider it for a CLI.

Message 4 of 6
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

correct, but I had read several threads about automatic CLI at the 6 month mark or people requesting CLI.  Maybe mine is a "special" account due to the score I had at the time of applying (maybe like my CAP 1 card) and maybe was flagged for no change for the 18 months...It seems like a long time to have the card before the increase or anything changes.  I really was looking for the CLI to help me in JAN for my next and final cards for a few years (possibly if I needed to recon I could show the usage on 3 cards over 5k for the past 5-8 months).  Well back to the Garden untill JAN for me!

Message 5 of 6
p-
Valued Contributor

At the 6 month mark, call customer service.  That's what I did.  But be prepared for HP.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.