Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Offering EMV Chip and PIN [Updated with summary]

tag
kekrre
Contributor

Re: USAA Offering EMV Chip and PIN

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

Just FYI, this is chip and pin only, no magnetic strip. So it will not work in much of us. You get this IN ADDITION to the mag strip card. Kind of a pain, but will work until chase gets off their butts and issues csp with emv. 

Oh, I forgot to mention, that's not what I was told. [edit: I mean it never occurred to me that this was an option because of my conversation with the CSR]

I was specifically told I would get Chip+PIN+magstripe, and this is corroborated by the confirmation email I received which links to this:

http://content.usaa.com/mcontent/static_assets/om/Media/docs/126885.pdf

|||||||
Message 11 of 52
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

Just FYI, this is chip and pin only, no magnetic strip. So it will not work in much of us. You get this IN ADDITION to the mag strip card. Kind of a pain, but will work until chase gets off their butts and issues csp with emv. 

Oh, I forgot to mention, that's not what I was told. [edit: I mean it never occurred to me that this was an option because of my conversation with the CSR]

I was specifically told I would get Chip+PIN+magstripe, and this is corroborated by the confirmation email I received which links to this:

http://content.usaa.com/mcontent/static_assets/om/Media/docs/126885.pdf

that makes a lot more ssense

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 12 of 52
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Just got off the phone with them, just to let you guys know that they are available for all there cards visa, mastercard and Amex.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 13 of 52
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

Like I said on previous post Chip and Pin is a UK thing if your sent to Italy or Germany as a service member your exisisting credit cards are the norm.

By the way, Dodge, you know I invented the whole chip & PIN technology, right?

Signed,

GP

Message 14 of 52
Hispanic208
Established Member

What about limited members with the military affiliate mastercard? Can it be converted to emv too?

Message 15 of 52
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@McArthur wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

Like I said on previous post Chip and Pin is a UK thing if your sent to Italy or Germany as a service member your exisisting credit cards are the norm.

By the way, Dodge, you know I invented the whole chip & PIN technology, right?

Signed,

GP

I wouldnt expect anything else from a master like you Gomer

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 16 of 52
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

odd, because the guy read a script stating that the new card was not a replacement and that I would need to retain my current card to use with magnetic readers. he made me acknowledge that before submitting the request. I have the world mc. no idea why the guy would read a script with false info. I guess we will see when the card arrives
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 17 of 52
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Please keep us informed

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 18 of 52
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just got off the phone for requesting new Chip and PIN card.  Here is some info:

It is a new thing even the CSR haven't seen one.  The Chip and PIN card comes in one design. It is the Black card.You cannot keep the design you currently have.  The PIN and card will come separately within 10 days.  You will memorize the PIN and they won't able to change it. The Chip and PIN only available to Mastercard only (NOT Amex and Visa). It doesn't change the current term of the card and rewards program of the card.  You need to destroy your old card when your receive the new card.

It took only 5 to 10 mins. to change it. 

Ron.

Message 19 of 52
dodgeball
Established Contributor

You sure about the Amex and Visa part because they confirmed that I would be receiving a chip and pin for my Amex

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.