Did you mean: 

USAA Offering EMV Chip and PIN [Updated with summary]

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: USAA Offering EMV Chip and PIN

@nyancat wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

Like I said on previous post Chip and Pin is a UK thing if your sent to Italy or Germany as a service member your exisisting credit cards are the norm.

That's totally not true, every country except the US is EMV with almost all countries being mostly PIN authentication.

I lived in Europe for the past seven years, like I said your US Card will work in most european countries. And the Brisitsh Isles is where the Chip and Pin are a must. most other countries had Chip and Sighn with the ability to except older magnetic cards as well.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 41 of 52
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I sure cannot find any information about it on the site, where's it at?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 42 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Swapmeet wrote:

I sure cannot find any information about it on the site, where's it at?

http://content.usaa.com/mcontent/static_assets/om/Media/docs/126885.pdf

Message 43 of 52
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA Offering EMV Chip and PIN [Updated with summary]

This is a good reason to get a usaa card. My husband is a full member but has no products with them... state farm is slightly cheaper for our insurance needs.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 44 of 52
LesWH
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
This is a good reason to get a usaa card. My husband is a full member but has no products with them... state farm is slightly cheaper for our insurance needs.

I have my auto insurance through USAA.  I love them!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 45 of 52
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

Like I said on previous post Chip and Pin is a UK thing if your sent to Italy or Germany as a service member your exisisting credit cards are the norm.

That's totally not true, every country except the US is EMV with almost all countries being mostly PIN authentication.

I lived in Europe for the past seven years, like I said your US Card will work in most european countries. And the Brisitsh Isles is where the Chip and Pin are a must. most other countries had Chip and Sighn with the ability to except older magnetic cards as well.

Well, it's not exactly a must in the UK either, I only had one problem and I think that was atypical.  It's certainly easier with Chip&Pin at supermarkets etc, but most of the time, in most places, US cards will work fine.  

Message 46 of 52
nyancat
Established Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

Never had an issue in the UK or Ireland... or anywhere. Worst case was having to get a manager...

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 47 of 52
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

I could not find an option to convert on my USAA Platinum MC, so I sent an e-mail to USAA.  It seems their CSRs are not well versed in this new product, as I received the following response as if they did not offer this product:

Thank you for your recent message. We are currently working with MasterCard and have asked for additional information regarding this issue. Currently, we do not offer this type of service with your existing credit card account. However, thanks to feedback from our customers such as you have provided, this product is under consideration. Should it be approved, we will make it available to our customers as quickly as possible.

I sent them the link to the FAQ on the website.  Maybe this will help identify what I want.

Anyone else have this issue?

Message 48 of 52
kekrre
Contributor

@MASTERNC wrote:

I could not find an option to convert on my USAA Platinum MC, so I sent an e-mail to USAA.  It seems their CSRs are not well versed in this new product, as I received the following response as if they did not offer this product:

Thank you for your recent message. We are currently working with MasterCard and have asked for additional information regarding this issue. Currently, we do not offer this type of service with your existing credit card account. However, thanks to feedback from our customers such as you have provided, this product is under consideration. Should it be approved, we will make it available to our customers as quickly as possible.

I sent them the link to the FAQ on the website.  Maybe this will help identify what I want.

Just give them a call. The CSR I spoke with knew exactly what I was asking for (and I believe everyone else has had almost a similar experience).

FWIW, my USAA Platinum MC with Chip+PIN arrived on Tuesday. The Chip part isn't quite as stylized as the mockup I posted from USAA's site and the card does not say "Platinum" anywhere on it, which is nice.

|||||||
Message 49 of 52
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

@MASTERNC wrote:

Just give them a call. The CSR I spoke with knew exactly what I was asking for (and I believe everyone else has had almost a similar experience).

FWIW, my USAA Platinum MC with Chip+PIN arrived on Tuesday. The Chip part isn't quite as stylized as the mockup I posted from USAA's site and the card does not say "Platinum" anywhere on it, which is nice.

They are only offering it on MasterCard.  USAA does not yet have chip + PIN for Visa or Amex.  That is why people are having issues.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.