Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA To Issue Contactless Cards

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

USAA To Issue Contactless Cards

It's about time... I think the only cards in my wallet that aren't contactless are USAA. 

Even as recent as a month or two ago the official USAA line was there was no plan to offer contactless; thankfully they had a change of heart.

https://www.usaa.com/contactless 

Contactless cards FAQ

• Why is USAA issuing contactless cards?

Contactless cards are fast, easy, and secure. And to provide members convenience and security, later this year USAA will be starting to offer contactless credit and debit cards. USAA ATM cards will not be available with contactless technology.

• How do I get a contactless card?

Starting later this year, USAA will send a contactless card any time a card is renewed or replaced.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA To Issue Contactless Cards

It's about time. It's my only card too without contactless and it's my gas card. 

Message 2 of 28
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

Finally! Welcome to the 21st century, USAA!

Last update: 5/10/2024

Goal Cards
Message 3 of 28
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

It's about time... I think the only cards in my wallet that aren't contactless are USAA. 

Even as recent as a month or two ago the official USAA line was there was no plan to offer contactless; thankfully they had a change of heart.

Contactless cards FAQ

Contactless cards are fast, easy, and secure. And to provide members convenience and security, later this year USAA will be starting to offer contactless credit and debit cards. USAA ATM cards will not be available with contactless technology.

Starting later this year, USAA will send a contactless card any time a card is renewed or replaced.

I will say I like the design of the card in the graphic.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 4 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Matt9543 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Contactless cards FAQ

I will say I like the design of the card in the graphic.

I noticed that as well... of course we have no way of knowing if the image is supposed to represent only contactless or an upcoming change in their card designs.

As mediocre as some of the current designs are, they're still worlds better than just a few years ago, LOL. Smiley Surprised

Of course I'd be willing to take the most hideous design if they'd only change their current policies/rewards to be more competitive with other issues.  I won't be holding my breath on that happening, though. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 28
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Looks like they are already rolling them out and the design on the usaa.com/contactless website is the new design. Old designs still on the main website.

Someone posted this to Reddit:

USAA new.JPG

I really liked the 2015-2022 design language but I am thankful that they are not vertical. 

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Surprised Now Chase is my last card with raised numbers.

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

UncleB

Back in 2010 USAA offered a World Master Card that was all black with gold lettering and red/gold MCs with a Pin option for overseas. It looked very exclusive! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just a heads-up that the USAA Amex cards are apparently now offered in contactless as well:

In addition to contactless the artwork was also redesigned; basically it's the same as the new Visa just with the Amex logo. 

Due to issues I had with false fraud alerts few months ago I'm not sure if I want to get a replacement now or just wait... will have to think about that. 🤔

Message 9 of 28
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Looks like the amex option is now available to request as a replacement card online. Just did it. :-) 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.