Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA secured cards

tag
iowe
Regular Contributor

USAA secured cards

USAA has/will never be allowed to graduate to unsecured, and as of now can no longer be given cli’s even if I added more money to the CD that backs my card.

If you’re looking for a secured card, stay away from USAA. In 5 years it’ll be virtually useless after your rebuild and you have a portfolio of five figure limit cards. BUT, USAA will still hit you up for a $34 annual fee whether you use the card or not. 😄

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
iowe
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA secured cards

I posted because I received this email from USAA earlier today.

“Thank you for choosing us for your credit card needs. As of mid-October 2018, USAA will start a system enhancement that will require disabling the credit limit increase option for our secured credit cards. At this time, we do not have a date for when the service will be restored; however, you may continue to use your secured credit card ending in xxxx within your current limit.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you,
USAA Savings Bank”

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Service Change To Secured Credit Card Limit Increases

Received this notice about an hour ago. Just sharing FYI.

Thank you for choosing us for your credit card needs. As of mid-October 2018, USAA will start a system enhancement that will require disabling the credit limit increase option for our secured credit cards. At this time, we do not have a date for when the service will be restored; however, you may continue to use your secured credit card ending in XXXX within your current limit.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you,

USAA Savings Bank

Message 3 of 6
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Service Change To Secured Credit Card Limit Increases

They must be making this change for a reason.  What is the reason?  Beats me.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Service Change To Secured Credit Card Limit Increases

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

They must be making this change for a reason.  What is the reason?  Beats me.

I don't know.  I have a secured card and it was my first card when I started cleaning up my mess. I have never tried to increase the amount that I have securing the card.  I actually don't know what their requirements are for adding additional funds.  I keep it because it's my first card but I rarely use it. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA secured cards

I only got this card cause I was under the impression I could add money at any time to increase the limit. Now it's gone and I'm stuck at $500. I started with 250 and been giving $50 every chance I got but now its stuck at this low limit. I've had the card for a year. Can I request an increase?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.