Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAlliance 3% Visa Is Back!

tag
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

USAlliance 3% Visa Is Back!

USAlliance 3% Visa Sig is available again for new apps!  

Its listed  under main page, credit cards. Loged in its not listed for some reason...

CSR confirmed .......   

US ALLIANCE.PNG

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAlliance 3% Visa Is Back!

Thats 3x points though not 3% cashback. Some points cards heavily devalue the points if you try to use it for cashback dont know anything about this one if they do that just be aware.

Message 2 of 23
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The payout is in CURewards points, redemptions including points to cash are managed through the CURewards portal.  Not as elegant as AODFCU.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 23
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Do any forum members have this card?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 23
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Yes, a few guys got it before the they shut it down due to the COVIDpocolypse.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 5 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Come on bring on the stamepde!..... wonk wonkSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Yes, a few guys got it before the they shut it down due to the COVIDpocolypse.

Yes, it works, giving 3% cashback.   It's certainly less attractive than AOD

1) Has a FTF

2) No automatic redemption

3) Rates are higher

4) Once we got the card, it says the 3% is "limited time offer".  Although AOD could also change at any time, reverting from a limited offer is easier.

But since I have it, I didn't go for AOD and I have been happily earning 3% on domestic transactions

The application process was also more of a hassle than usual, but AOD also seems lengthy.

ETA: as part of 2)  There is a min redemption, but worse you can only redeem in $25 increments (so if you have $49 in rewards, you can only redeem $25 until you get more)

Message 7 of 23
core
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

The application process was also more of a hassle than usual, but AOD also seems lengthy.

@longtimelurker  What's involved with the USAlliance application process?  Paystubs and/or tax returns?  Do they make you snap naughty photographs of yourself like I've heard AOD makes you do?

A few other questions if anyone knows:

- Do they pull Chex if you only apply for the CC?

- Does USAlliance (or AOD) allow CC payments with a debit card?

Message 8 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@core wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@longtimelurker  What's involved with the USAlliance application process?  Paystubs and/or tax returns?  Do they make you snap naughty photographs of yourself like I've heard AOD makes you do?

A few other questions if anyone knows:

- Do they pull Chex if you only apply for the CC?

- Does USAlliance (or AOD) allow CC payments with a debit card?

The app had none of the selfie stuff, it was just a lot of back and forth with the underwriter.   They needed proof of income, photo of green card (and probably license).   Some of the time was due to my situation, they wanted earned income which I don't have, so eventually they wanted a joint app with my spouse.   Just much longer than any other recent app, which usually don't care about documenting or source of income.

Don't remember about Chex, and I haven't tried a debit card but I don't remember that as an option via the web anyway.

Message 9 of 23
core
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

They needed proof of income, photo of green card (and probably license).

Thanks.  Glad to hear they don't require ridiculous selfies.  But the proof of income is going to disqualify me as I'm self employed.  Rats.  I wonder how they can keep up with such a hands-on level of underwriting during the inevitable stampede?  I guess AOD managed to do it, somehow.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.