Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uber Visa

Hi everyone,

I am sure this has been asked before but I could not locate it when I searched.  I have been approved for the UBER Visa and would like to know what constitutes online subscription services (is that just for streaming movies/music or is that also for other services (Amazon, MyFico, etc)?

I am sure this is a dumb question but I would like to know what services I need to change over to the UBER.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Visa

Screenshot 2018-11-19 09.53.25.png

If you have one of these services and you spend $5K on the Uber Card for the year (pretty easy to do with restaurant and travel spend), you effectively earn MORE than $4% back on restaurants and 3% back on travel.

Say you spend $4000 on restuarants (330 a month)

$1900 on travel (one long trip for two)

$100 on streaming   

$6000 total spend

$160 back on restaurants

$57 back on travel

$50 back on streaming

= $267 total back or 4.45% blended

Of course, I put my cell phone on my Uber card to get the insurance.  Only earn 1% on cell phone spend, which brings the blended rate down.  But it helps you reach the $5K minimum if you don't spend a bunch on travel or restaurants.

Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Of course, I put my cell phone on my Uber card to get the insurance.  Only earn 1% on cell phone spend, which brings the blended rate down.  But it helps you reach the $5K minimum if you don't spend a bunch on travel or restaurants.

Yes, but you have got to do a careful analysis!   Since things like Cash+ give 5% on cell phone bills, this is giving up 4%, which is unlikely to be worth it just to make sure you hit the $5000 for a $50:  if you spend $1,250 a year, or about $100 a month on cell, the lost 4% is worth more than the $50 credit.    But then of course it comes down to how much you value the insurance.

Personally, I think "blended rate" is not such a useful construct, as it varies greatly on how the spend is allocated (and whether you use streaming in this case for example)

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the replies.  I think that answered my questions.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.