Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Card Received Amex Optima Usage

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Update Card Received Amex Optima Usage

Question for those who have Amex Optima card. How often do you use the card and how heavily do you use it. My card limit is $900. Any suggestions how to use it ? I pay in full for all my accounts and will not carry balance. Should I use it lightly once or twice a month and keep it alive or should I use more often and pay it in full before statement cuts ? I appreciate your input.

31 REPLIES 31
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How soon Amex reports new accounts to CRA's ?

I just got the Optima approved. Does any one know how soon Amex will report the new accounts to CRAs ? I am done with all the new apps. I want to see what kind score hit I'll for the inquiries and new accounts take before the scores will raise again ?

Message 1 of 32
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: How soon Amex reports new accounts to CRA's ?

Usually 2 months (statements)

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 32
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I just got the Optima approved. Does any one know how soon Amex will report the new accounts to CRAs ? I am done with all the new apps. I want to see what kind score hit I'll for the inquiries and new accounts take before the scores will raise again ?

About 2 months some times as long as 3 months 

Message 3 of 32
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks. I guess, I can ignore Amex new account affect on my scores. It will happen what ever it happens.

Message 4 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

IIRC, if on a derogatory score card, you do not get penalized for new accounts.

Message 5 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@AllZero  So your recommending that, I should degrade my scorecard? Smiley LOL

#IamProbablyWayPastAnyPenaltiesSmiley Tongue

Message 6 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Red1Blue, Usually 2 months, but had a couple Amex cards take 3 months. YMMV

Message 7 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@AllZero  So your recommending that, I should degrade my scorecard? Smiley LOL

#IamProbablyWayPastAnyPenaltiesSmiley Tongue

@M_Smart007 . Not if you're trying for $1B TCL. 😉

Message 8 of 32
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Thanks. I still have 9 COs that I am clearning now. It should be end of this year by the time all the COs are posting $0 balance. I guess it will take some time after that for the scores to start creeping up slowly. For now I am all done with Apping. I am not looking for new credit. Hopefully some of my secured cards would graduate in the next 6 months. Also I might receive some CLI on my Blaze / FSCC and other cards in October. Looks like I am going to have a great start in 2021. I am not looking for new credit. If secured cards graduate then it is good. Otherwise may be one good unsecured credit card either Visa or MC. That is it. I am a happy camper.

Message 9 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.