Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading The CSP to CSR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgrading The CSP to CSR

How is the trip delay coverage better? Aren't they both 6 hour?

If you're suggesting to ditch UR in favor of TY, I'd advise against that personally. Maybe run both but even then, only if prestige really makes sense. Prestige doesn't have a card like the Freedom, Ink Cash, or even Freedom Unlimited to supplement it, and TYP are not as versatile as URP.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nvm, prestige trip delay changed from 3 to 6 hrs now, same as csr.

UR pts value on average is just around 1.5cpp, prestiges 5pts per dollar surely is no worse than UR.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some cool features to the new Prestige card for sure but, for me at least, the earning ability (even at 5x for food and air travel) isn't even close to the Reserve. 

I regulary get 2cpp and lots of times higher than that for UR.  Its so easy to get 2cpp (again, this is based on my personal travel habits) that I usually make that my cut off point before I decide just to pay cash and save the points. In addition to this is the ease of using those points and finding award availability.   The majority of my point transfers are to Hyatt with an occasional Southwest transfer.

I have 2 small kids and don't fly much, and when we do it is usually on Southwest and always on points. 

If you fly regularly, especially internationally, I'm sure there is some good value to be had from 5x air travel and dining and some pretty cool award redemptions, but it would be a BIG stretch to say the Prestige is a better card. 

PS Don't forget how easy it is to earn UR from Freedom 5%, Ink bonus categories (some also 5%) and Unlimited that can all be transfered into your UR stash as well leading to much quicker earning potential.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.