Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us Bank Altitude Go Mailer Question

Matt9543
Frequent Contributor

Us Bank Altitude Go Mailer Question

Hi everyone,

I'm mainly here to ask for more information about an offer I received for this card today. I applied before, but was denied due to too many accounts being opened. The offer I received was for 20,000 points after $1k spend, which is the same offer online, but the details say that my APR would be 15.99%, which is only 1% higher than the lowest. I recall seeing before that some mailers woud yield you a higher approval rate if the APR was a solid number, not a range. Is this the case with US Bank as well? I don't see myself really applying right as this moment, but just curious in case I ever receive another offer letter from them in the future. Thank you in advance for the info!

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
blindambition
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Us Bank Altitude Go Mailer Question

That is in no way indicative of an approval. You may have checked all their boxes, but still just marketing. I wouldn't attempt application unless 0-1/12. They continue to be conservative on new accounts/inquiries, with very few exceptions.

Message 2 of 4
Matt9543
Frequent Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

That is in no way indicative of an approval. You may have checked all their boxes, but still just marketing. I wouldn't attempt application unless 0-1/12. They continue to be conservative on new accounts/inquiries, with very few exceptions.

Okay cool, thank you. Just wasn't sure if it would result in a better yield if they gave an offer code and solid APR. Thanks for the info

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732

Message 3 of 4
learningtheropesofcredit
Established Member

I also got this mailer, and it expires in a few days.

I'm at 1/12, with my last new account in December 2020.

Given that, and given I got this mailer, do you think I have a high probability of getting it (I understand it's marketing, not a pre-approval)?  Or... would it be the same probability of getting the Altitude Connect (of which I did not get a mailer for)?  Meaning, it doesn't matter if I got the mailer or not, if I apply for a U.S. Bank card it's anyone's guess and it won't matter on which card I get?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.