Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALMART CLI.......????

tag
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

WALMART CLI.......????

I got my Walmart card in March 08 with 300.00. I know you can get an increase every 4 months but does a balance have to report each month to be eligible. I know a balance didnt report 5/2008 and im thinking not this month either. I use the card at least once a month but think im paying it off before it reports (not intentional, lol). Will i still be eligible for an increase next month?

Thanks in advance!!!!
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: WALMART CLI.......????

You don't have to use the card in order to ask for CLI.
Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

CCC's don't care (probably don't even notice) if a balance reports. That's strictly a scoring phenomenon.

They might care about whether you carry a balance, and they get some money off of you. My personal feeling is that if they require me to give them interest to make them a good card, they're headed for the shredder. But I realize that it's different when you're starting or restarting.

Any experience out there to say whether carrying a balance on WalMart helps with CLI's?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

Ok. I guess i meant no balance reported on my statement closing date! lol... I am using it once a month every month but usually pay within 7 days. Thanks!!! will update my experience with my very 1st cli next month. Hope its a few hundred and not 75.00 bucks like i have read they sometimes give...
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kris1228 wrote:
Ok. I guess i meant no balance reported on my statement closing date! lol... I am using it once a month every month but usually pay within 7 days. Thanks!!! will update my experience with my very 1st cli next month. Hope its a few hundred and not 75.00 bucks like i have read they sometimes give...

I'm sure that's what haulingthescoreup meant, as well.  The two of you are on the same page here, and her advice still applies. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
CCC's don't care (probably don't even notice) if a balance reports. That's strictly a scoring phenomenon.

They might care about whether you carry a balance, and they get some money off of you. My personal feeling is that if they require me to give them interest to make them a good card, they're headed for the shredder. But I realize that it's different when you're starting or restarting.

Any experience out there to say whether carrying a balance on WalMart helps with CLI's?

IF I'm going to micro manage my Walmart card for that $125 CLI every 4 months I think its time for the white jacket.
Message 6 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

My experience with the WalMart card is that they will give you a minimal (~$100) CLI after your fourth statement cuts.

That being said, they do not generate statements unless a balance is on your account when the statement period ends.

I didn't like those rules, so I canned them.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.