cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Card declined at Walmart.com and then approved on 2nd try?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF Card declined at Walmart.com and then approved on 2nd try?

So this is odd I placed and order with Walmart.com and it was denied tired on the 2nd try and it was approved? I did get email and text notfications that it was denied but since it went though the 2nd time I figure my account isn't locked. 

I don't shop with them very offten but they happen to have TP for shipping. 

Seems like it may just be a odd glitch or should I look into this more? I can't just call them right now for a timely response due to the current COVID sittuation otherwise I would. 

Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF Card declined at Walmart.com and then approved on 2nd try?

There was another story about a guy with a new WF Propel who kept getting denied at Walmart, in-store. He was pissed! This is one more data point to indicate WF's true feelings about Wally World shoppers. 

Also try confirming you're not in any kind of Incognito mode on the browser because if it can't retrieve any trusted cookies or enough data to fingerprint that the card is in fact being used in your home area... by you... they might be getting ahead of themselves in the security department. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There was another story about a guy with a new WF Propel who kept getting denied at Walmart, in-store. He was pissed! This is one more data point to indicate WF's true feelings about Wally World shoppers. 

Also try confirming you're not in any kind of Incognito mode on the browser because if it can't retrieve any trusted cookies or enough data to fingerprint that the card is in fact being used in your home area... by you... they might be getting ahead of themselves in the security department. 

As far as I know that type stuff is done via IP address not so much browser cookies and builds a trust score based on distance. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as I know that type stuff is done via IP address not so much browser cookies and builds a trust score based on distance. 

Good info. Yeah not sure OP's setup at home but since you said IP address I'm wondering if using a VPN would cause it to register as elsewhere, geographically. 

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good info. Yeah not sure OP's setup at home but since you said IP address I'm wondering if using a VPN would cause it to register as elsewhere, geographically. 

Yes, the VPN also obscures your true location.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a recent airline ticket purchase declined. It took a second time to get approved. It happens rarely, but I don't think it's exclusive to walmart.com.

EDIT: Using my Propel card.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a recent airline ticket purchase declined. It took a second time to get approved. It happens rarely, but I don't think it's exclusive to walmart.com.

No VPN usage. 

I wonder if it's some anti-fruad deterrent to make people or bots think the card has been shutdown and legitimate people go Hum, That's odd and try it and go and go Oh, Must have been a glitch! 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No VPN usage. 

I wonder if it's some anti-fruad deterrent to make people or bots think the card has been shutdown and legitimate people go Hum, That's odd and try it and go and go Oh, Must have been a glitch! 

Most likely a glitch. They are prone to glitches. They fixed one about a year and a half ago where they had to replace all the cards. I just got the card and had it one month and it was replaced. Not cheap for metal cards.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.