Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT SCORE RANGE IS NEEDED TO GET THE AMEX BLUE OR ANY AMEX CARD GENERALLY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAT SCORE RANGE IS NEEDED TO GET THE AMEX BLUE OR ANY AMEX CARD GENERALLY

Hello again to my myFICO community,

Hope everybody had a fun a safe HAPPY HALLOWEEN last night with your families. SO two days ago I was approved for the DISCOVER IT CHROME CARD with a EX770 FICO for a $3,000 limit. If any of you read my earlier thread about the app and approval process you already know just EXTATIC I was. ("running through the parking lot")haha. Anyways, to the point of my question, I am now really interested in apping for an AMEX BLUE CASH CARD. I would greatly appreciate any and all info in my making this decision. Also, if anybody thinks I should app for a different AMEX card I would love to hear about that aswell. I don't wanna waste a precious HP for no reason.

My scores are as follows:

EQ716 FICO TU707 FICO EX660 FICO TU674 CK _-_TU714 BARCLAYCARD FICO (I BELIEVE BARCLAY GIVES US OUR TU FICO SCORE)

Thanks Again

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

Re: WHAT SCORE RANGE IS NEEDED TO GET THE AMEX BLUE OR ANY AMEX CARD GENERALLY

You should have no problem getting approved with those scores. I do like my EveryDay card. Good luck!
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello again to my myFICO community,

Hope everybody had a fun a safe HAPPY HALLOWEEN last night with your families. SO two days ago I was approved for the DISCOVER IT CHROME CARD with a EX770 FICO for a $3,000 limit. If any of you read my earlier thread about the app and approval process you already know just EXTATIC I was. ("running through the parking lot")haha. Anyways, to the point of my question, I am now really interested in apping for an AMEX BLUE CASH CARD. I would greatly appreciate any and all info in my making this decision. Also, if anybody thinks I should app for a different AMEX card I would love to hear about that aswell. I don't wanna waste a precious HP for no reason.

My scores are as follows:

EQ716 FICO TU707 FICO EX660 FICO TU674 CK _-_TU714 BARCLAYCARD FICO (I BELIEVE BARCLAY GIVES US OUR TU FICO SCORE)

Thanks Again

EX is kinda low.

Message 3 of 18
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

With your EX being 660 you're borderline on approval. I would say it depends on how thick your CR is what baddies you may have (if any) and what your income is.

Edit: I'm confused. You said you were approved for Discover with an EX770 FICO but then your current FICO for EX is 660? Am I reading this wrong?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: Didn't realize how low the EX was compared to the others.

Just for reference, back in August i was denied the Blue Sky with an EX of 654 but approved for the Chase Freedom around the same time (i know they pull different reports).

I would hold off until your EX is reporting higher, or you can try for a co-branded card (Delta Skymiles is suppose to be the easiest) or go for a charge card which you might be approved for.

I was recently approved (last sunday) for the EDP with an EX of 727.

Goodluck! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 18
psm
Contributor

They primarily pull Experian right? Is it INQ or new accounts Amex is real sensitive about. I forget.
08-2022: EQ 830, TU 834, EX 832 - total credit limit 230,000+
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@psm wrote:
They primarily pull Experian right? Is it INQ or new accounts Amex is real sensitive about. I forget.

Primarily.

They've been known to triple pull on very borderline stuff.

Message 7 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@psm wrote:

Primarily.

They've been known to triple pull on very borderline stuff.

They usually pull Experian but they have some internal scoring model. So its not exactly an ex08.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, Thanks for your response.

***I appreciate you bringing that typo to my attention. I meant to type EQ707*** HOWEVER, after reading your response I took a second look and realized I made a bigger mistake as my DISCOVER approval was pulled from EQ with a 725FICO. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I've read about a few people being approved for an AMEX with mid 600's, multiple inq's and a few baddies. I know there are many more variables this equation, however im really looking for general answers BUT WOULD LOVE SPECIFIC INFO from anyboby.

Thanks again

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First, Thanks for your response.

***I appreciate you bringing that typo to my attention. I meant to type EQ707*** HOWEVER, after reading your response I took a second look and realized I made a bigger mistake as my DISCOVER approval was pulled from EQ with a 725FICO. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I've read about a few people being approved for an AMEX with mid 600's, multiple inq's and a few baddies. I know there are many more variables this equation, however im really looking for general answers BUT WOULD LOVE SPECIFIC INFO from anyboby.

Thanks again

Well since you asked..

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.