Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu I could use input on this CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu I could use input on this CC

I received invatation for new account.0% apr till 8/2008. I know nothing about this bank.I would like info. from anyone that has delt with them. anyone know who they pull or what scores they like?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-20-2007 02:19 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-20-2007 02:50 PM
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu I could use input on this CC

I used to have them... They're great, but for some reason, they said that after my intro rate is over, it's going to the default rate which they said I agreed upon during my app process. I probably did since I didn't read it... at 28% or somewhere along that line. paid that **bleep** off and canceled it. lol.
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

any idea who they pulled or what you score was?  Im not worried about default  says 9.99 - 23.99 after intro. I figure that I can pay down faster with no int.

Thank you
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a WaMu card...don't know what the interest rate is and don't care, since I'm only going to be carrying single to low double-digit balances anyway.

That is the next to the last CC I'll be applying for this year. Sometime this autumn I'm going to go for Hooters, just as a conversation piece.
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I received invatation for new account.0% apr till 8/2008. I know nothing about this bank.I would like info. from anyone that has delt with them. anyone know who they pull or what scores they like?

Do you know the name of the specific card? WaMu Platinum Visa? WaMu MasterCard?

They pulled Experian for me (N. California). They pull TU about 85% of the time, mostly EX for others - it depends on your location. For the Platimum Visa, I think they look for 640+ and your CL will probably depend on your score. You might want to check some of the credit pull databases such as whogavemecredit.com.
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. I will check out that site.
Im in Ct. so will see who they pull. My scores are about 650 & above. I might try tonight.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had WaMu for approx. a 18 months.  I do know they have been great with me as every six month, they increase my CL $1500.00.  My FICO score has steadily increased so that I am very close to approaching the 700 (EX)!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit scores are high. They turn me down every time. The CLI dept told me it had to do with balances. They like to see very very very little to no cc debt when you apply. Your credit score and income will not help you if debt is too high for Wamu's scale. As a rule, pay off cc debt before applying for credit cards.

I want it for the free PFICO scores. I am applying again next month after debt is paid off. I have always carried debt for my business. Never knew it was hurting me so much with clean credit. Wamu doesn't go by UTL either. They go by UTL or debt which ever is higher for their scale. If you apply with low or 0$ balances your chances go way up for getting the card from WAMU.

They are mid prime, low for prime, high for subprime. They have lots of bank branches all over. Interest rates can be higher than comp.
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I will wait till next month lmao. right now my utl is reaching for the sky. Im hoping to pay more down soon.

Thank you very much for the heads up!
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My credit scores are high. They turn me down every time. The CLI dept told me it had to do with balances. They like to see very very very little to no cc debt when you apply. Your credit score and income will not help you if debt is too high for Wamu's scale. As a rule, pay off cc debt before applying for credit cards.

I think the CSR might have been lying to you (or guessing or just didn't really know), and that the real reason for the decline was the number of inquiries (I think you said you had 12). At the time I applied last month, my utilization was around 30%, but my number of inquiries was 0, and I got an instant approval for 30K. DW applied a month earlier, with about 20% utilization and 4 inquiries. She was also approved, but for a lower CL.

So I wouldn't say everyone needs to have all $0 balances before they apply. It definitely seems to be a YMMV situation.

Message Edited by Revike on 07-21-2007 06:41 PM
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.