Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Card Arrival Time window?

tag
snowsurf7
Established Member

Re: Walmart Card Arrival Time window?

Word of warning if it does not arrive in 10 days call! They had a problem with my adress and could not send my card until I verified information. For some reason they didn't call me to do so...

Smiley Happy

Discover IT, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Forward, AMEX Green, CapitalOne Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Wal-Mart Store
Message 11 of 17
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

I was approved on Feb 9th and I am guessing I will receive the card sometime next week.

They started reporting this new account to CRAs already, couple of days after approval.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@tennisfan78 wrote:

I was approved on Feb 9th and I am guessing I will receive the card sometime next week.

They started reporting this new account to CRAs already, couple of days after approval.

Received the card today, Feb 16th. Took exactly one week!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

ok well I got impatient so I called yesterday. The technology they have these days is amazing. They identified who I was immediately by caller id and I was able to get account infornation without having received my card yet. Then when I finally got through to a human being she said it had been sent out on Feb 14th. So basically it took them a few days to actually put it in the mail. So if It got sent out on the 14th that means i haven't waited nearly long enough for it to get here. That was Thursday and today is monday so she said it should get her this week. I don't know why I want to receive it so badly. I don't plan on using it and I don't even qualify for the TU score for another 6 months. Oh well I still want it to come......Smiley Happy  It is I guess another symbol of my life getting back together.

Message 14 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

ok well I got impatient so I called yesterday. The technology they have these days is amazing. They identified who I was immediately by caller id and I was able to get account infornation without having received my card yet. Then when I finally got through to a human being she said it had been sent out on Feb 14th. So basically it took them a few days to actually put it in the mail. So if It got sent out on the 14th that means i haven't waited nearly long enough for it to get here. That was Thursday and today is monday so she said it should get her this week. I don't know why I want to receive it so badly. I don't plan on using it and I don't even qualify for the TU score for another 6 months. Oh well I still want it to come......Smiley Happy  It is I guess another symbol of my life getting back together.

Not sure why you said 6 months and someone correct me if im wrong but as long as you sign up for paperless statement you will be able to get your score. Haven't seen anything that says you won't get it because there was no activity that statement period.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 17
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

it

@myjourney wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

Not sure why you said 6 months and someone correct me if im wrong but as long as you sign up for paperless statement you will be able to get your score. Haven't seen anything that says you won't get it because there was no activity that statement period.

It is not because Walmart wont give it to me but rather because I have to have an active credit card for six months before TU will calculate a FICO score for me. I just got 2 new cards but before that I hadn't had a credit card in years.  So now when I try to purchase a FICO score from this site for EQ or TU it says I don't qualify for a score because I need to have had a credit card for at least 6 months. The same will hold true to get a Walmart FICO score. Normally, if you get a walmart card you can get a fico score as soon as you receive your card and opt for paperless billing on their site.

Message 16 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Oh ok that makes sense

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.