Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart MC Upgrade Question

Thanks Fin...

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Well if they do report without the original opened date they have to document my calls and sometimes record them so I will just dispute them with the BBB and they will have to follow what their employees said and stand behind it.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would think this would be a no brainer....same acccount...just an upgrade (amex, ie, prg to platinum...right?) Why Synchrony finds it necessary to screw things up is beyond me.

Also...I have come to learn that csr's are, for the most part, useless script readers who have no real internal knowledge as to how their specific credit product works.  Just sad.

Message 23 of 24
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Well if they do report without the original opened date they have to document my calls and sometimes record them so I will just dispute them with the BBB and they will have to follow what their employees said and stand behind it.

I would keep track of the names and extensions of the people you spoke to.  There is no guarantee that the calls are recorded or that they actually note the account to what they said.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.