Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Special Financing offer.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Special Financing offer.

I received my Walmart store card in the mail yesterday along with a little book that tells you about the perks that having a walmart store card offers. One of the offers was 6/12/18/24 months special financing when you make a purchase in store till 12/31/14. It said you needed to have a basket (exact wording) of $150 to qualify. So if I spend $150 I get 6 months of no interest? Am I correct ? Also how do I qualify for the other offers like the 12/18/24 month special financing. How much do I have to spend for that. I looked over all the papers that came with the card and couldnt find the information. I was going to call Customer Service but thought i would ask here first because you guys are awesome! TIA!!!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Special Financing offer.

Yes you are correct. $150-298.99 get the 6 months, $299-428.99 get the 12 months, $429.00-598.99 get the 18 months and anything above $599 get the 24 months no interest. On my statement the last page has a bar code the cashier has to scan to apply the offer but I didn't showed it to the cashier the first time I used it. My purchase was for over $300. I just logged into my account after the purchase posted and I chatted with a rep and I told her that I forgot to take the offer page to the store and wonder if the offer could be applied to my account. She was able to do it.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay awesome thank you so much. I havent received a statement yet, if I were to go to the store now do you know if I would bring the paper the card was on? The book that explains the offers doesnt have any type of barcode but the paper the card was on does.

Also, I know it says till 12/31/14 but has walmart been doing this for a long time already. For example Amazon has the 6/12 month no interest offer. That also states its only till 12/2014 but after searching information about it it seems like Amazon has always been offering this no interest deal and will hopefully continue to do so after 12/14. I hope Walmart extends it too! Thanks so much again for all of your help!
Message 3 of 16
Trinity08
New Contributor

They have barcodes available to scan at each register in the store. If they don't have them out, ask. They will get you one. Make sure you check your receipt to see if it was applied and if not, do an online chat and they will fix it.

Amazon Visa-6K/BR Visa-8K/Sportman's Guide-5.3K/ON Visa-4.8K/Amazon Store-4750/Walmart Store-3300/VS-1800/Target-500

Experian 745(11/25/14) Equifax-736(06/18/14) Transunion 740 (via Walmart)(11/17/14)
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay great. Thanks so much.
Message 5 of 16
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Trinity08 wrote:

They have barcodes available to scan at each register in the store. If they don't have them out, ask. They will get you one. Make sure you check your receipt to see if it was applied and if not, do an online chat and they will fix it.

Good to know! Especially if you plan to run with the bulls, like myself, on Black Friday. Mama needs a bigger TV Smiley LOL

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 16
nmac
Regular Contributor

There are 2 important things to keep in mind about Walmart’s financing offer. First they are deferred interest not no interest. If you fail to pay off the entire purchase (even if you’re a penny short) by the time the offer expires you’re billed for all of the interest as if you didn’t use the offer. Second while you’re taking advantage of the financing offer there is no grace period on other purchases since you’re carrying a balance. You will start being charged interest immediately on all new purchases.

If I was looking to financing something from Walmart I would skip their card and get chase slate or any normal card that has a long 0% introductory rate on purchases. Or better yet get a chase freedom card which comes with 15 months of 0% interest and a $100 statement credit after $500 of purchases in the first 3 months.

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 7 of 16
elim
Senior Contributor

if you have the card and don't have a 0% rewards card it makes a great buffer to keep the cash in the bank or the SD.

pretty nice tool to stay liquid during the holidays or on a tight budget. just be sure to stay within your spending ability and don't go christmas crazy with it.

it was a great rebuilder card for me.

if you use it wisely it's posible to get a nice increase.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all so much. I am definitely aware of the deferred payments so if I do use their special financing offer I will definitely have it paid off way before the time is up. As of right I dont have any plans to use but its all good information if and when I do. I normally always PIF so as long as I stay under my 10% utilization it might be good to let a couple statements cut before paying it off under the special financing.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe letting a couple statements cut while still paying more then my minimum due will help with CLIs in the future as well as using their special financing.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.