Did you mean: 

Walmart account closed......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart account closed......

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Why close a no AF card? Why not just SD it?

Thats how I always feel.

+1

I mainly use my Walmart card for my toddler (pull-ups, wipes, etc). Plus, it's easy to keep track of his expenses and then PIF when I get the monthly child support check. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
FrugalRican
Blogger

A no AF card that gives you your TU, and you close it because you felt slighted because of no CLI?

What's done is done, but in the future, I'd value a card that gave me my credit score a lot higher, despite of a lack of CLI's.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 12 of 19
learnin113
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
Hey guys...have not had an increase in over a year.......closed it down.....only 1.5 years old...hope is does not affect my score that much......just never used it......I know getting my TU is a plus but. Just Dont use it and GE has not been kind to me.......875 CL......but just got approved for a CU visa rewards card....2500cl...

I'm gonna venture to say this was a rash move, not a smart one. Smiley Indifferent

Message 13 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

A no AF card that gives you your TU, and you close it because you felt slighted because of no CLI?

What's done is done, but in the future, I'd value a card that gave me my credit score a lot higher, despite of a lack of CLI's.

Right, if there's ever a reason to keep a no fee card with a low CL that you'd never use, it would be this.

Message 14 of 19
boonelb
Regular Contributor

Thats how I feel about my emblem card.  only 175 CL but why close it. its my oldest card also at 6 months

Message 15 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
Hey guys...have not had an increase in over a year.......closed it down.....only 1.5 years old...hope is does not affect my score that much......just never used it......I know getting my TU is a plus but. Just Dont use it and GE has not been kind to me.......875 CL......but just got approved for a CU visa rewards card....2500cl...

I'm gonna venture to say this was a rash move, not a smart one. Smiley Indifferent

+1

I would see if they can reopen it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Well at least the OP can still get their TU FICO score ~ apparently even after you close your wally card if you log in you'll still see the score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

Well at least the OP can still get their TU FICO score ~ apparently even after you close your wally card if you log in you'll still see the score.

Yep - my cards' been closed for a year or so and I pull my TU FICO score.

OP - I think you'll be fine closing the card.  When I closed my Walmart card, there just wasn't a FICO impact.  Of course YMMV.

When I took DH off as AU on a different store card (Macy's) his score actually went up (it had gone down when I added him - both score changes occured the same day as the AU reported on and off).  No impact on his AAofA - so - who knows?  Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

GE is normally good at CLI but no AF so thats a plus and the TU08.

I think you still get your TU08 if the account is closed? I thought i read this somewhere

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.