Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart late fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart late fee

So since the beginning of this year I’ve been rebuilding my husbands credit. I’m on it like white on rice. I don’t want to mess up because I’m so forgetful. This one is not my mistake! I checked all of my cards to make sure the payments that were due were paid and the ones that were coming up didn’t need to be paid this paycheck. I log into my Walmart card and low and behold there’s a late fee. 😡 why?! My payment wasn’t due until 6-3 and my payment posted on 5-30. Anyone have this problem before. I plan on calling but they’re closed right now. I just want to make sure I don’t have to keep an extra strong eye on this one.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart late fee

Get a screenshot of where the pymt. cleared your bank account....then call them.  Good Luck, Synchrony will show a payment as processing even if you have accidentally given them the wrong bank acct. number or routing number.  So be sure it has cleared your bank acct.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 9
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So since the beginning of this year I’ve been rebuilding my husbands credit. I’m on it like white on rice. I don’t want to mess up because I’m so forgetful. This one is not my mistake! I checked all of my cards to make sure the payments that were due were paid and the ones that were coming up didn’t need to be paid this paycheck. I log into my Walmart card and low and behold there’s a late fee. 😡 why?! My payment wasn’t due until 6-3 and my payment posted on 5-30. Anyone have this problem before. I plan on calling but they’re closed right now. I just want to make sure I don’t have to keep an extra strong eye on this one.

Breathe.  It's a known hiccup in Synchrony's payment processing... DO call them, they'll correct it.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I handled it. I just didn’t want my credit to be messed up over this. They said they don’t even report late payments until its 60 days late so I’m not too concerned now.
Message 4 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I handled it. I just didn’t want my credit to be messed up over this. They said they don’t even report late payments until its 60 days late so I’m not too concerned now.

You were told wrong. Late payment is reported once it's 30 days past due date. 

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Plus, you make a late with Sync i wouldnt be suprised to see your limits slashed. They dont play , especially if you bounce a payment.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one reason ehy I don't play around with the due date. When the statement posts I pay withing that week if i can, but I never wait until 2-4 days before the payment due date.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. That’s why I was freaking. I didn’t want all my hard work to go down the drain. But it was fixed so I feel better.
Message 8 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Maybe setting up auto pay for minimum payment would be a good idea, or for full balance if that's how you normally pay it. Think of it as failsafe in case you forget. 

I almost did the same thing, and would have been 30 late had it not been for a CU commercial on TV Smiley Frustrated

That's when I caved in and set auto pay on all cards for minimum payments just in case I get another episode of 💩🧠

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.