Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart with Capital One pulls?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Walmart with Capital One pulls?

Is this a typical 3 pull Capital One card or because it's store they just pull 1 report?

Any data points yet on reports and scores?

Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart with Capital One pulls?

Triple pull
Message 2 of 93
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The worst... feels out of touch
Message 3 of 93
Raisondetre
Contributor

Yup, definitely triple pull. Just applied for it and all my credit monitoring started sending me messages instantly for all 3 bureaus. Ugh... then I got the "we need more information message"
Most Used
Amex Hilton Honors Aspire - $30K
Amex Hilton Honors Business - $10K
Amex Amazon Prime Business - $12.4K

Used sparingly or in sock drawer
X1 Visa - $27K
PenFed Gold Visa - $9K
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $5K
Care Credit - $20K
Walmart Mastercard - $2K
Tractor Supply card - $6K
Amazon Prime Synchrony Card - $10K
Home Depot card - $12K
PNC Points - $13K
FNBO Evergreen - $2.8k
Discover It Chrome - $2.8K
Discover it Cash Back - $1K
FNBO Visa Signature - $1K
Commence Bank Special Connections - $2K
WF Reflect - $4K

Fico scores September 2023
Equifax - 786
Experian - 770
Transunion - 776
Had scores in the 500s 5 years ago
Message 4 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that a 3x pull for the MC version only though? I would have expected the store card to be a single pull like the Kohl’s card, which CapOne also backs...
Message 5 of 93
Raisondetre
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is that a 3x pull for the MC version only though? I would have expected the store card to be a single pull like the Kohl’s card, which CapOne also backs...

Good question. When you go to apply it says at the top "We will consider you for the Capital One® Walmart Rewards™ Mastercard®. If we are unable to approve you for this card, we will automatically consider you for the Walmart Rewards™ Card." - So turns out it's a 3 pull for either, since you can't just app for the store card online.

Most Used
Amex Hilton Honors Aspire - $30K
Amex Hilton Honors Business - $10K
Amex Amazon Prime Business - $12.4K

Used sparingly or in sock drawer
X1 Visa - $27K
PenFed Gold Visa - $9K
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $5K
Care Credit - $20K
Walmart Mastercard - $2K
Tractor Supply card - $6K
Amazon Prime Synchrony Card - $10K
Home Depot card - $12K
PNC Points - $13K
FNBO Evergreen - $2.8k
Discover It Chrome - $2.8K
Discover it Cash Back - $1K
FNBO Visa Signature - $1K
Commence Bank Special Connections - $2K
WF Reflect - $4K

Fico scores September 2023
Equifax - 786
Experian - 770
Transunion - 776
Had scores in the 500s 5 years ago
Message 6 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s ridiculous honestly. Way back when the news broke of the CapOne takeover, I joked about triple pulls for $300 store CLs. It’s pathetic that this will likely be a reality.
Message 7 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raisondetre wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good question. When you go to apply it says at the top "We will consider you for the Capital One® Walmart Rewards™ Mastercard®. If we are unable to approve you for this card, we will automatically consider you for the Walmart Rewards™ Card." - So turns out it's a 3 pull for either, since you can't just app for the store card online.

A quick look on Walmart’s website shows that you can, indeed, apply for the store card only version. Just keep scrolling down and you’ll see that option. 

Now we will have to wait wait for someone to apply for the store card only to see DPs on pulls for that version...

Message 8 of 93
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Raisondetre wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A quick look on Walmart’s website shows that you can, indeed, apply for the store card only version. Just keep scrolling down and you’ll see that option. 

Now we will have to wait wait for someone to apply for the store card only to see DPs on pulls for that version...

I am gonna take a guess, they will still pull all 3, it's the cap one way of doing thingsSmiley Sad

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely triple pull
Message 10 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.