Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Hit the CLI button w/BOA - NERVOUS

tag
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

Want to Hit the CLI button w/BOA - NERVOUS

I've had my Bank of America credit card for almost six months now with a CL of $600 Smiley Frustrated  I want to request an increase but I am SUPER NERVOUS! I've banked with BOA for over 5 years, have a great bank relatinship with them, a nice nest egg in my savings account, use them for my direct deposits, I always pay my BOA credit card in full way before the due date...so I've been doing realy good...but I'm not sure if they will approve it for whatever reason.  The rest of my report looks okay, no lates, no baddies, but I do have  inquiries and my utl is at about 30%.  It was pretty much like that when I was approved the account, so I'm not sure if that would be my down fall for the CLI, but who knows.  I intially thought I'd wait a year to ask, but I'm not sure if they auto increase at all.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience or advice on this? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
txmomma26
Regular Contributor

Re: Want to Hit the CLI button w/BOA - NERVOUS

If it were me, I'd wait til after the 6th payment due date (or after the 7th statement cuts) before requesting to see if they will do an auto CLI

Start: (2-26): EQ 602 (Myfico) TU 579 (Credit Karma) EX 634 FAKO
Current: (7-12): EQ 690(myfico) WalmartTU 696 EX 689 (lender 6-3)
1st Goal: 680 across the board - DONE June 2013!
2nd Goal: 725 across the board
Message 2 of 6
ElCamino
Contributor

Get your util down to 10% or lower before you request a CLI.

Be aware it'll be a HP.

You can call them to request your CLI over the phone, that may make it easier to recon or get a counter offer.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 3 of 6
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm going to t ke it!  I think I can get it down to 10% by the 6th or 7th statement, but if not, waiting until the 8th statement won't kill me...lol! 

Message 4 of 6
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

Like txmomma said, waiting will also give me a chance to see if they maybe do an Auto CLI! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
ElCamino
Contributor

Patience is indeed a virtue.

The last thing you want is a HP that gets you nothing.

What's the APR? You may be able to also get them to lower the APR with the same pull.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.