Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to app spree

tag
capricornchanges
Regular Contributor

Re: Want to app spree

@Anonymous wrote:

Great job on improving your credit, OP! Your scores not bad, but I would like some data points so that I can give you a well-informed answer. Smiley Wink

Thank you! I just closed on my first home and only want to add a couple more so that all inquiries age off at te same time, not to run up debt, my current bal is $ 178/12,000.00

1st goal: 700 across the board
Starting Scores 01/19/2018
Equifax : 579
Transunion: 585
Experian: 602

Current 07/06/2018
Equifax:662
Transunion: 645
Experian: 683

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good! Smiley Wink

Based on your scores, you should consider the Capital One Quicksilver One card or the Amex Blue Cash Everyday card. Maybe if you are lucky, the Capital One Venture card.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out curiosity, do you have any negative information on your credit report?  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 26
capricornchanges
Regular Contributor

A few lates from 4 or 5 yrs ago and a 6 yr old chap 13

@Anonymous wrote:

Out curiosity, do you have any negative information on your credit report?  Smiley Happy

1st goal: 700 across the board
Starting Scores 01/19/2018
Equifax : 579
Transunion: 585
Experian: 602

Current 07/06/2018
Equifax:662
Transunion: 645
Experian: 683

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to me! Smiley Wink

In that case, check Amex's pre-qual. page and Capital One's as well,  but I think you have a pretty good shot for the Cap One Quicksilver One card. Your scores are commendable (seriously, you have done well!), and Cap One has lenient underwriting requirements. 

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I forgot to mention the Chase Freedom card. Chase is generally conservative,  but you may get approved because your baddies are 4 to 6 years old. If the computer denies you, however, you may get approved by convincing a credit analyst to reconsider your application. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 26
NRB525
Super Contributor

Sorry if the initial replies sounded rude, but they do include information you should consider prior to an app spree, so they are actually constructive.

An app spree of 3 to 9 CC in one day leads to a lot of activity on your file. Lenders such as Chase and AMEX, and to a lesser extent Citi are clamping down to reduce the amount of card apps. For your long term relations with these banks, slow and deliberate is the new “spree”.

With some baddies on your file, that may lessen your successful apps. Taking your time to show these lenders you are now trustworthy is doubly important.

Many app sprees rely on store cards to generate the volume of approved appps, and these accounts can be useful to some people. The limitations such as Chase 5/24 need to be considered, since Chase has quite a few nice cards you may want.

You can do the spree, that is your decision to make, but it is best to make these choices with all available good information. That’s why you came here, to gain insight.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there!

I am not sure whether you are addressing my comment, but I will respond to you anyway.

First, you do not sound rude; rather, you make you valid points! Smiley Wink

Prime lenders may be hesistiant to extend credit to the OP due to years-old baddies, but I do think that the OP has a solid chance if his or hers credit profile has improved and the he or she is practicing good credit-managing habbits. Of course this a "your experience may vary" type situation.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread! Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 26
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

We really don't have enough specifics about the OP's profile to offer specific advice. Which cards to you have now, what are your limits, how old is your oldest card, how old is your newest card, and how's your utilization?

Based on scores alone, I'd certainly suggest applying for the Quicksilver over the Quicksilver One and its fee.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are totally right, Heaven! Smiley Wink

My advice assumes (which is not good) that the OP app'd, say, a year ago, since the scores are much higher than someone who filed for bankruptcy recently. We should also ask the OP what lenders he or she burned in the bk—if Citi and Chase were included, the OP may be blacklisted.

Thanks for pointing this out! Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.