Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Offer Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome Offer Questions

Hey all, I recently got approved for my first ever points card (delta skymiles platinum) and have a welcome offer which only requires $2000 of spend first 3 months which I'll be able to hit easily, however I have a question about this when it comes to statements. In order for the spend to qualify, do I need to make sure I allow the balance to hit the statement for the spend to qualify? Or will it count if I use the credit card and PIF immediately after? Sorry if this is a stupid question just want to make sure I don't make a mistake with it. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Welcome Offer Questions

The only requirement is that you spend money. When you pay is not relevant when it comes to SUB. 

Message 2 of 6
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Many do "Azeo"and have no issues with  bonus.

Most require "real spend", not cash advances or gift cards and all refunds/returns get subtracted.

Just do real spend and pay when you want.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only time my Delta Plat statement has ever cut with a balance was when the AF hit. (Posts right at statement close). Other than that it's always shown $0. No issues with hitting the SUB.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thanks everyone! 

Message 5 of 6
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

And in most cases you'll get the SUB on the first statement following when you've hit the spend requirement. So you could get the SUB on your very first statement if you hit your $2k spend before then.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.