Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CC GW Turned Down!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo CC GW Turned Down!!

I sent a GW letter to remove several lates on my CC account from a few years ago. I paid the account off as it was closed by Wells Fargo and it never went to outside collections. I have a student loan there as well that I am still paying on which has a good record since the issues from seveal years ago.

I thought this was enough justification to warrent a GW adjustment to the record.

When I called to find out what the status is on the GW adjustment they informed me due to US Banking regulations they are unable to modify correct records. I have read of other people getting this response in the past but wanted to see if anyone has had success with Wells Fargo and if this bank reg. exists?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CC GW Turned Down!!

I would wait for a reply in the mail. Often times, they make the adjustment and do not write. I suspect, the service rep you spoke to was a general representative without the authority to approve your request. She just read back a script to you.

Check your credit reports over the next several weeks and if nothing send another letter.

If you have a checking/savings account at Wells Fargo and have a relationship with someone at the branch, I would try asking them for assistance.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Message 2 of 7
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

r92503lind wrote:
I sent a GW letter to remove several lates on my CC account from a few years ago. I paid the account off as it was closed by Wells Fargo and it never went to outside collections. I have a student loan there as well that I am still paying on which has a good record since the issues from seveal years ago.

I thought this was enough justification to warrent a GW adjustment to the record.

When I called to find out what the status is on the GW adjustment they informed me due to US Banking regulations they are unable to modify correct records. I have read of other people getting this response in the past but wanted to see if anyone has had success with Wells Fargo and if this bank reg. exists?

Thanks!

r92503lind check this out this is what I sent to WF and they helped me out you just have to talk to the right person. Be very very very nice to that person . Act like you are their friend ask how has their day been what the weather is like and soooooo oooooonnn( you get the picture).

Hope this help. Also I got a letter back from them if you need the # let me know.
Kooliad
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called they said a letter was sent which I had but thought it was relating to a dispute EQ put through mistakenly. They confirmed it was the response letter to my original request. If it is then it is a generic form letter not directly answering my request but thats what I was told.

I do not have a checking or savings only the student loan that I am still paying on. Not much leverage but I do have a good payment record for the last four years.

I saw the post that Koolaid linked but this references the auto loan section not credit cards. I am guessing it is the credit card dept that won't budge. If you have any info for CC dept there that would help me please give me anything you have.

Thanks!!
Message 4 of 7
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

r92503lind wrote:
When I called they said a letter was sent which I had but thought it was relating to a dispute EQ put through mistakenly. They confirmed it was the response letter to my original request. If it is then it is a generic form letter not directly answering my request but thats what I was told.

I do not have a checking or savings only the student loan that I am still paying on. Not much leverage but I do have a good payment record for the last four years.

I saw the post that Koolaid linked but this references the auto loan section not credit cards. I am guessing it is the credit card dept that won't budge. If you have any info for CC dept there that would help me please give me anything you have.

Thanks!!

Hey It was both, (Mort and CC) I said if you need  the # to CC let me know.I gave him the auto #.

Well Fargo-Art Team
801 Walnut Street Mac F4031-080
Des Moines, IA 50309

Credir Bureau Dispute Team
Fax # 800-231-5089

Fax them a GW letter they will respone. Put you information on it they will call or mail you a answer.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Koolaid,

Thanks for the info.

Just to confirm this is for CC right?

Also would you happen to have the phone# so I can call them as well?

Thanks!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone else has contacted Wells Fargo in the past for CC GW let me know as well.

Thanks,
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.