Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Reflect Reservation Mailer

tag
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo Reflect Reservation Mailer

I recieved a mailer with a reservation number from Wells Fargo. I don't have any experience with Wells Fargo although there are many branches in my area. The reservation form is specific to the Reflect Card and it does have a specific APR (17.49%) that appears to be lower than what's offered on their website (17.74% - 29.74%).

I know it says "preselected to apply" but are these types of invitations (reservation number mailers) from Wells Fargo just marketing, prequals or something close to preapprovals? A fixed APR usually went beyond prequal but again, I don't have any experience with Wells and haven't gone beyond their prequal site in the past which resulted in them "swiping left".

I'm dropping this here in Credit Cards instead of Credit Card Applications because I'm curios about Wells Fargos application processes but don't really plan to apply until I have more data.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
5 REPLIES 5
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Reflect Reservation Mailer

It's typically marketing.  Does the  Reflect interest you as it has no rewards but for 18 months at 0%.

Ironically with your scores, WF may deny you for their Autograph and Active Cash cards...

IIRC, they pull Experian and EquiFax.

Message 2 of 6
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

I recieved a mailer with a reservation number from Wells Fargo. I don't have any experience with Wells Fargo although there are many branches in my area. The reservation form is specific to the Reflect Card and it does have a specific APR (17.49%) that appears to be lower than what's offered on their website (17.74% - 29.74%).

I know it says "preselected to apply" but are these types of invitations (reservation number mailers) from Wells Fargo just marketing, prequals or something close to preapprovals? A fixed APR usually went beyond prequal but again, I don't have any experience with Wells and haven't gone beyond their prequal site in the past which resulted in them "swiping left".

I'm dropping this here in Credit Cards instead of Credit Card Applications because I'm curios about Wells Fargos application processes but don't really plan to apply until I have more data.

These are marketing to some extent but I don't think they are sent out willy nilly.  citi, for instance, sends out CC application invites and states (I'm paraphrasing) that as long as your credit situation hasn't change drastically since the mailer went out, you have very good chances of approval.  I suspect the APR of 17.49% is still variable and was probably just the low end of the APR range at the time the mailer was created.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 3 of 6
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

It's typically marketing.  Does the  Reflect interest you as it has no rewards but for 18 months at 0%.

Ironically with your scores, WF may deny you for their Autograph and Active Cash cards...

IIRC, they pull Experian and EquiFax.

Thanks for the feedback. This one doesn't really interest me but it has been the only attention I've ever gotten from Wells Fargo. They've always told me to kick rock on prequals.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I can't provide a definitive answer to your question, but I can provide a couple of data points for WF.

I got my Propel from a 'pre-selected' offer on my dashboard back in January 2017; it was auto-approved at the APR that was on the offer.  Since that card was approved, I've never had another 'pre-selected' offer, and when I've tried the online pre-approval tool it's always come back with nothing.

My recent app for the Active Cash was a completely 'cold app' and it was also auto-approved and at the best APR.  I considered going for it a few months ago, but the lack of an offer made me hesitate.  This time I said "to heck with it" and just pulled the trigger, LOL.

Nothing is guaranteed of course, and there are some people who would seem to make perfect customers that WF has been known to shun for unknown reasons, but if you're already on their radar for a card product IMO it's very likely they would approve you for any card you want.

Message 5 of 6
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

I got a Preselected mailer invitation to apply for a Wellsfargo Platinum Cc and I applied added the invitation # and was instantly approved. By the way did not have any checking or savings when I was approved. A couple years later got a Preselected  WF BILT CC and instant approval 6 months later got the WF  Preselected Autograph Cc and that offer to was approved.  So yes its possible to be approved. Good Luck ! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.